Summer Speculation 2014

SamTaylor123

I think you are most probably correct villa4europe, young players never make it, I've learned that, that's for sure

i dont necessarily think thats the problem with english football, i think too many of them "make it" before they actually do

£30k a week at 19, thats £1.56m a year... try telling me that kid has a care in the world

• Like 1

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-lambert-ask-transfer-6927427?

Paul Lambert will ask Randy Lerner for extra transfer funds this summer after admitting Villa’s injury crisishas left his squad exposed.

Villa were without Christian Benteke (Achilles), Fabian Delph (Achilles/calf), Gabby Agbonlahor (illness) and Karim El Ahmadi (thigh) during Saturday’s bleak 2-1 home defeat to bottom club Fulham.

Jores Okore (knee), Libor Kozak (leg), Charles N’Zogbia (Achilles), Gary Gardner (foot) and Nicklas Helenius (thigh) have also been out injured, while Chris Herd is unavailable due to personal issues.

Lambert hopes to welcome back Delph, Agbonlahor and El Ahmadi in time for Saturday’s trip to Crystal Palace.

But he admits the size of his squad does need to be addressed in the summer – and he intends to have discussions about his budget with the chairman.

“If you go through them, Okore is nearly a full season, Kozak virtually half-a-season, Benteke six months or so and Charles, so they’ve been major, major injuries, they’re not just strains or anything,” said Lambert.

“As well as Christian, we were without Gabby and Fabian. It’s a big chunk and if you throw in El Ahmadi as well because he’s been playing really well of late. That’s four lads that have been playing virtually the whole season for us and when you lose that it is a big chunk to lose.

“I think a club this size needs a big squad and these conversations will happen probably in a few weeks’ time.

Hopefully Lerner will give him the money.

Is that suggesting we're going to spend our transfer budget filling out our squad again instead of buying a quality No. 10?

Oh well.

Yeah that is how I read it as well. I thought that we had done the squad filling over the last few windows and were now looking to add 2 or 3 quality players. I guess the addition of quality players relied on the sale of Benteke.

Is that suggesting we're going to spend our transfer budget filling out our squad again instead of buying a quality No. 10?

Oh well.

Yeah that is how I read it as well. I thought that we had done the squad filling over the last few windows and were now looking to add 2 or 3 quality players. I guess the addition of quality players relied on the sale of Benteke.

Doesn't shock me at all, if Lerner does not sell this summer, we will be using the same plan as before. A few players will go and we will use the small budget we have on cheap players, low wages, potential.

Oh well.

My first thought exactly. More mediocre target men and hard working League 1 midfielders.

What I would like to see

GK 1st Guzan. 2nd Steer

RB. 1st New player 2nd. Lowton

LB. 1st. Bertrand 2nd. Bennett

CB. 1st. Vlaar. 2nd. New player

CB. 1st. Okore. 2nd. Clark

DCM. 1st. Delph. 2nd. Westwood

DCM. 1st. New player. 2nd. KEA

AML. 1st. New player 2nd. Gabby. 3rd. Albrighton

AMC. 1st. New player. 2nd. Helenius

AMR. 1st. New player. 2nd. Bacuna. 3rd. Albrighton

FC. 1st. Benteke. 2nd. Kozak

Tell Baker, Weimann, Bowery, Sylla, Luna, Tonev, Herd, Delfouneso, Bent, Hutton and Zogbia to all hire a coach and drive off a cliff.

Midfield is key, if we can get a few million for the brainless deadbeats on the list above and Lerner lets Lambert transform our midfield then our fortunes will improve next season.

It's gonna take about 25-30 million Lerner.

Do it.

• Like 1

Did anyone see the Villa bench on Saturday?  It was like looking at a load of mourners without a funeral.  What with dour little Lambert and that vulture Culverhouse sitting there like judges at a kangaroo court.  Now Norwich need a manager they both go back there!!!!  Also why do Villa not have the fancy seats in the dugout like all the other clubs? 

Did anyone see the Villa bench on Saturday?  It was like looking at a load of mourners without a funeral.  What with dour little Lambert and that vulture Culverhouse sitting there like judges at a kangaroo court.  Now Norwich need a manager they both go back there!!!!  Also why do Villa not have the fancy seats in the dugout like all the other clubs? 

I think we have more pressing issues than what sodding seats they sit on.

• Like 4

Always wondered and stated this re the seats, but no doubt you will have backwards albatrosses saying players shouldnt be comfortable on the bench. (As if it makes a huge difference)

I could be wrong or heard wrong but I remember reading or hearing that we had some fancy seats put in whilst O'neill was here but he ordered that they should be taken back out.

Edited by useless

I could be wrong or heard wrong but I remember reading or hearing that we had some fancy seats put in whilst O'neill was here but he ordered that they should be taken back out.

They were planned but cancelled on MON's say so. Something about wanting the bench to be uncomfortable.

• Like 1

What I would like to see

GK 1st Guzan. 2nd Steer

RB. 1st New player 2nd. Lowton

LB. 1st. Bertrand 2nd. Bennett

CB. 1st. Vlaar. 2nd. New player

CB. 1st. Okore. 2nd. Clark

DCM. 1st. Delph. 2nd. Westwood

DCM. 1st. New player. 2nd. KEA

AML. 1st. New player 2nd. Gabby. 3rd. Albrighton

AMC. 1st. New player. 2nd. Helenius

AMR. 1st. New player. 2nd. Bacuna. 3rd. Albrighton

FC. 1st. Benteke. 2nd. Kozak

Tell Baker, Weimann, Bowery, Sylla, Luna, Tonev, Herd, Delfouneso, Bent, Hutton and Zogbia to all hire a coach and drive off a cliff.

Midfield is key, if we can get a few million for the brainless deadbeats on the list above and Lerner lets Lambert transform our midfield then our fortunes will improve next season.

It's gonna take about 25-30 million Lerner.

Do it.

Not very often I agree with you Sonic but that's roughly how I see it too.

I speculate that we will speculate until we are tired of speculating on potential transfers and resort to speculating on the club's financial situation and some will speculate that speculation about players causes deals to collapse, and a series of circular and tiresome debates will escalate until we are all at each others necks, then the World Cup will start and speculation will start again and go into overdrive.

This is all speculative, however.