The Howard Hodgson report on our club

andykeenan

Eh?

There is clear bias because he got kicked out of the directors box (rightly or wrongly).

To dispute that is utter madness.

If you choose to ignore what he is saying and choose to focus on WHY he is saying it that is entirely your prerogative.

why he has fell out with the villa hierarchy and penned his opinions is due to the standard of football dished up at Villa Park....the reason he has gone public is because he has got kicked out of the directors box after tweets reflecting Randy's absence and wants folk to know that the powers that be want folk to be supportive unconditionally....Howard is a fan first and is having none of keeping quiet.

If you think his comments are bias thats up to you, you pick your sides.......but its funny this bias hasn't raised its ugly head for over 10 years.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I genuinely don't know what you're missing.

The bias hasn't 'reared its ugly head' over the last 10 years because he's only been kicked out of the directors box recently. I can't put it simpler than that.

I haven't chosen to ignore what he is saying either. I've said I agree with most of the points. However he discredits himself by 1) calling it a report and 2) by displaying such a clear bias.

The bias hasn't 'reared its ugly head' over the last 10 years because he's only been kicked out of the directors box recently. I can't put it simpler than that.

I haven't chosen to ignore what he is saying either. I've said I agree with most of the points. However he discredits himself by 1) calling it a report and 2) by displaying such a clear bias.

HH has obviously used the word "Report" to make sure that his article attracts as much attention as possible. There is nothing wrong with that.  The man is giving his opinion about the current state of affairs at Villa Park. He appears to have stuck to the facts when he refers to footballing and management issues.

The only area of his article that needs qualifying is when he discusses the direct interchanges between himself and RL/PF. Each side of the dispute will of course have a naturally biased view of the rights and wrongs of any communications.

HH has certainly not discredited himself, he has given his own assessment of Villa's recent demise and his views would seem to coincide with those of perhaps 90% of the AVFC fan base.  

• Like 2

The word 'report' is misleading because he references the 2003 report (which was an actual professional report) to try and make himself seem more credible when really all he's writing is a blog post.

As I said, a lot of what he says is fair and I agree with, but he chatted and retweeted so much shite on Twitter, I had to unfollow him.

Absolute cobblers. HH was saying the exact same things way before he got the boot from the Directors. It's the reason he WAS thrown out. He has the courage of his convictions and has said the same things to Faulkner's face.

• Like 1

Funny how easy it is to put Hodgson down and claim he is this that and the other, yet the board and their attitude - plus what they have done to this club - gets (pretty much) a free ride. I guess it is easy to have a go at Howard, than admit that they were/are wrong about Lerner.

That is exactly why we are where we are, nobody has the bollocks to stand up to Lerner.

• Like 2

That is exactly why we are where we are, nobody has the bollocks to stand up to Lerner.

What do you suggest?

Well we are doing absolutely f*** all right now. Certain websites took an advert out over McLeish for gods sake. Now we sit here and let out club get raped. Pathetic.

Funny how easy it is to put Hodgson down and claim he is this that and the other, yet the board and their attitude - plus what they have done to this club - gets (pretty much) a free ride. I guess it is easy to have a go at Howard, than admit that they were/are wrong about Lerner.

The double act of Lerner and Faulkner at best will have us a plodding bottom half side, it's quite difficult to defend their stewardship of this great club, some try to but they look absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 2

That is exactly why we are where we are, nobody has the bollocks to stand up to Lerner.

Well said.

Finally got round to reading this. Can't say I disagree with any of it. This bit especially

I must confess to being supportive of Paul Lambert’s appointment. I honestly thought a bright, young manager like him would be just what this club needed after the disastrous appointment/reign of Alex McLeish. He came with a reputation of having his teams play attractive, attacking football and first and foremost we’d try and win games regardless of the opposition. He made a point of addressing the home form himself when he first arrived, saying it was about time the Villa fans started enjoying their team’s football at Villa Park again. Well, thirty-two games on and with only eight wins registered and some of the worst, most aimless football I have ever seen at Villa Park in thirty-six years of attendance, I am still waiting to enjoy myself, Paul.

• Like 3

Â