The Howard Hodgson report on our club

andykeenan

Interesting post with some good points. Find the whole letter to Randy odd though. Why would Lambert read it?

Well HH already mooted the word "invincible", I think to a degree the managers under lerner have got a bit of that aura afforded them, mainly due to the fact that other members of the management team knows nothing and I mean really nothing about football.

Hence he was offered the chance to read the letter.....It is almost like a trio of incompetents looking to see each others reactions.

I was expecting a report.

That isn't a report. It's a blog post.

He makes some good points, a lot of which I don't disagree with, but I go along with Blandy in that it sounds like he's just a bit pissed off and has gone on a rant.

Not much of that "report" is based on any sort of fact. That's not saying it's wrong, more just that calling it a report is a bit generous.

It's an opinion.

Who gives a damn what it's called, it's what's written in it that's important and I for one is glad he said those things. Too long have fans sucked up to Lerner even though he has turned us into a bigger version of Stoke fighting relegation year after year. It about time we asked some serious questions about where the club is heading.

Well done HH, I tip my hat to you!

congratulations on missing the point

Blimey that's bitter. As a statement of opinion, it certainly contains some valid criticisms, albeit with a very personal slant and a very clear agenda. As a post by someone on here it'd be very welcome and a great trigger for debate. It's a shame in a way that he is who he is, as it becomes more about him than his argument, and it's a real pity that he's chosen to link it to the Hodgson report in an effort to try to give it that bit more weight; that was a business document commissioned for a purpose, this is an opinion from a fan, he cheapens his fathers work by suggesting they're the same and loses his point in the comparison.

I don't think there is a report/post or any opinion that you can't find fault with and everyone that writes tries to enforce their opinion and sometimes trips up.....but the content should be what we busy ourselves with, not suspected hidden agenda's.

His report will always rub up the wrong way fans who have not lent themselves to his points and are looking to discredit it in any way they can. The fans that do agree with it will be pleased, but wished they could have wrote it ,so may have a pop too.

I have said earlier....If Villa as a team had of been performing well, some fans would never have heard of Howard Hodgson, so we must be reminded how this has come about. Knowing Villa like I do, don'r be surprised if other high profile fans don't use that profile to voice dissatisfaction.

Howard was dumped out of the Directors box for being unsupportive of Randy, Howard would still be there and enjoying his afternoons and being supportive if the football was palatable.....lets not forget that.

Edited by TRO

TRO, I'm not against the expression of his opinion, just that he presents it as fact. Also, I'm not sure if I'm confusing the father and the son here, but this is HH Jnr isn't it, not the man who spoke eloquently to us from the stage in 2003?

I'd also be interested in the exact circumstances of his removal from the directors area at VP, and I wonder whether it was his opinion, or the way in which he expressed it that led to his removal. Was he removed for being unsupportive of Randy, or for being insulting/rude - those two things are different. I don't know the circumstance of his eviction, but it might be the case that he'd still be enjoying his afternoons and being supportive if he hadn't sworn at his host.

• Like 1

What we're reading is a one-sided opinion piece. I don't dispute most of his opinions, but I'd as OBE said I'd like to know what actually happened regarding his personal circumstance before calling the lynch mob.

• Like 2

The report is a little bitter and self-aggrandising but Lerner's handling of this club has become indefensible, he simply must go, I cannot wait to see the back of him because under him, our fate is at the very best bottom half in the premier league, with all realistic roads leading to the championship.

TRO, I'm not against the expression of his opinion, just that he presents it as fact. Also, I'm not sure if I'm confusing the father and the son here, but this is HH Jnr isn't it, not the man who spoke eloquently to us from the stage in 2003?

I'd also be interested in the exact circumstances of his removal from the directors area at VP, and I wonder whether it was his opinion, or the way in which he expressed it that led to his removal. Was he removed for being unsupportive of Randy, or for being insulting/rude - those two things are different. I don't know the circumstance of his eviction, but it might be the case that he'd still be enjoying his afternoons and being supportive if he hadn't sworn at his host.

You make a good point, I too am not privvy to any insulting behaviour and that would change the landscape.

I accept that there may be circumstances we don't know of, but all I would say is Howard is a professional business man, so I would be surprised if he got involved in stuff like that.

I would reiterate all this stuff is not or should not be personal.....I want PL/PF and RL to just do a good job for Aston Villa Football Club....them personally don't interest me one way or the other.

I just want my team back.

I would suspect that Howards comments on Randy's absence that have found their way on to twitter have vexed Randy

Just as a seperate note I would suspect all this is born out of frustration.

Randy is frustrated with Howards comments and that his team is floundering......Howard is frustrated that Randy/Faulkner is not prepared to listen to his comments, but intent to carry on floundering. Its this apparent dismissive stand off, thats triggered this.

When a team is floundering and has been for so long and there is no mechanism for getting your comments to the people that CAN take the action to change things , Frustration builds up like a faulty boiler.

so things get said.

Its all well and good management saying its our job and won't told.....but what they are doing isn't working......some folks in the crowd want to help, not interfere, that need to know that. 

It seems despite the things that are wrong at B6 and that I would suspect the people that matter are equally not happy with events..........it is continuing along the same path.

He makes some good points, a lot of which I don't disagree with, but I go along with Blandy in that it sounds like he's just a bit pissed off and has gone on a rant.

Not much of that "report" is based on any sort of fact. That's not saying it's wrong, more just that calling it a report is a bit generous.

It's an opinion.

Who gives a damn what it's called, it's what's written in it that's important and I for one is glad he said those things. Too long have fans sucked up to Lerner even though he has turned us into a bigger version of Stoke fighting relegation year after year. It about time we asked some serious questions about where the club is heading.

I think you're the one who's missed the point. HH was saying these things way before he was asked to the the Directors. He has the courage of his convictions and fair play to him.

You make a good point, I too am not privvy to any insulting behaviour and that would change the landscape.

I accept that there may be circumstances we don't know of, but all I would say is Howard is a professional business man, so I would be surprised if he got involved in stuff like that.

I would reiterate all this stuff is not or should not be personal.....I want PL/PF and RL to just do a good job for Aston Villa Football Club....them personally don't interest me one way or the other.

I would suspect that Howards comments on Randy's absence that have found their way on to twitter have vexed Randy

Randy is frustrated with Howards comments and that his team is floundering......Howard is frustrated that Randy/Faulkner is not prepared to listen to his comments, but intent to carry on floundering. Its this apparent dismissive stand off, thats triggered this.

When a team is floundering and has been for so long and there is no mechanism for getting your comments to the people that CAN take the action to change things , Frustration builds up like a faulty boiler.

so things get said.

Its all well and good management saying its our job and won't told.....but what they are doing isn't working......some folks in the crowd want to help, not interfere, that need to know that. 

It seems despite the things that are wrong at B6 and that I would suspect the people that matter are equally not happy with events..........it is continuing along the same path.

Sorry, guys, but is this the son and not the HH who was involved in 2003?

so things get said.

Sorry, guys, but is this the son and not the HH who was involved in 2003?

are you sure?

don't forget HH in 2003 had a father who was the founder of his business and he was rather old IIRC, not saying you are wrong, but I am confused now.

didn't he say he wrote a report in 2003, I think this is the real HH

Edited by TRO

It's an opinion.

I think you're the one who's missed the point. HH was saying these things way before he was asked to the the Directors. He has the courage of his convictions and fair play to him.
no, you really are missing the point.

I haven't disputed or disagreed with anything he's said.

TBH does it matter what his real motives are and the kind of person he is?

His points are valid and I think its good that they're getting attention. He was on the goal zone speaking a couple of days ago.

I think you are spot on John,

It matters not, who he is.....its what he is saying.

His points are valid and I think its good that they're getting attention. He was on the goal zone speaking a couple of days ago.

Of course it matters. The piece is written with a clear bias because of his experiences. Whether or not what he says he true and fair (of which, most it is fair IMO), it's tainted because of his bias.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I think you are spot on John,

It matters not, who he is.....its what he is saying.

It is labelled the "Howard Hodgson report", it obviously does matter.

Of course it matters. The piece is written with a clear bias because of his experiences. Whether or not what he says he true and fair (of which, most it is fair IMO), it's tainted because of his bias.

If he he is tainted by bias like you say......where has the bias been for the last 10 or so years.

Howard to my knowledge was quite Pro Lerner, I think he was quite pro HDE originally......what Howards issue is and always has been is the mismanagement of the club.

He has only had issues with HDE and now Lerner, because of this....He is a Villa Fan.

Don't look too deep, you might fall in.....just joking.

Â