The Howard Hodgson report on our club

andykeenan

Hairy Hands??

Maybe! He makes some very interesting points but sounds like a bitter man to me.

For me, HairyHands was a total Lambert apologist, as well as being somewhere in the Lambert "magic circle"and Howard H, despite sharing his initials, doesn't sound like he's been too pally with PL for a while.

Yes that's very true. Really can't be the same person!

This article is not a surprise, considering what came after it. HairyHands, and by which I mean Hodgson (*as pure speculation on my part and not the view of VillaTalk, lest the lawyers come knocking), was clearly so irritated with the board's response to his suggestions and subsequent dismissal from the sight of the directors box that, as a show of fustration came to VillaTalk and gave us an insight into more deeper workings.

And by the looks of things, he was well within his right to.

This is all very sobering. We are at the same mess as when Doug left.

No time for non-football people running a football club (or should that be ruining?)

I'm not particularly in favour of anyone doing what Howard Hodgson has done either. But most of the points he has made I've seen mentioned many many times on the various forums and in the boozer. He's saying nothing that has'nt already been said.

Fortunately, the signs seem to be there for a potential sale of the club in the not-too distant.

We'll see. If the manager is properly backed this summer - and that includes being able to sign players on Premiership wages - I will be able to accept the last few years (McLeish aside) as a necessary evil for us to build sustainably. No excuses though. If we're still shopping in bargain basement then Lerner, for me, has to go.

Agree with this completely. I have backed Lerner/Lambert in their stated intentions for the club, but as I have said before, if things do not change this summer, then my opinion is that one or both have to go.

One or both isn't good enough. Unless Lerner goes we'll be in the same situation. You can't hope to compete in the Premier League paying lower Championship wages. Lambert has tested my faith at times but I'm still behind him - not least because he actually has managed to do this, at least to a degree. He deserves backing to see whether he is able to take us to the next level.

We'll see. If the manager is properly backed this summer - and that includes being able to sign players on Premiership wages - I will be able to accept the last few years (McLeish aside) as a necessary evil for us to build sustainably. No excuses though. If we're still shopping in bargain basement then Lerner, for me, has to go.

Agree with this completely. I have backed Lerner/Lambert in their stated intentions for the club, but as I have said before, if things do not change this summer, then my opinion is that one or both have to go.

What happens if we go down to the championship just as were about to start spending "premiership" money then? Everyone understands the cutbacks but not to the extent they've been done especially when the last two january's we've desperately needed lerner to pump some money in and back the manager he claims to have so much faith in and we got absolutely nothing.

I dont think thats the plan at all i think lerner wants us run like this for the foreseeable future until he sells up. Its all getting very similar to ellis's last year or so.

If we are relegated, that is totally different and Lerner, Lambert, Faulkner and the rest of the management staff need to go.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should have been spending money on better players this season, and because we have not done so relegation is a definite possibility. But our form at the end of last season gave me a false impression of the quality of our team, and I thought this season was going to be an improvement, and I did not think we would be facing relegation yet again.

Hence my qualified support for the owner and manager.

One or both isn't good enough. Unless Lerner goes we'll be in the same situation. You can't hope to compete in the Premier League paying lower Championship wages. Lambert has tested my faith at times but I'm still behind him - not least because he actually has managed to do this, at least to a degree. He deserves backing to see whether he is able to take us to the next level.

You should note that I did say `one or both'.

I suspect you may be right about Lerner, but I am also beginning to lose faith in Lambert.

I think this next window will confirm our feelings about Lerner, but if he does come up with decent money for Lambert to spend, then next season will show if Lambert is actually up to the job.

• Like 1

Hairy Hands??

Maybe! He makes some very interesting points but sounds like a bitter man to me.
For me, HairyHands was a total Lambert apologist, as well as being somewhere in the Lambert "magic circle"and Howard H, despite sharing his initials, doesn't sound like he's been too pally with PL for a while.

Absolutely not the same person. Howard Hodgson may have got bits and pieces from the Directors box but not on the coaching side. Hodgson whether you agree with him or not has never hidden his identity.

I don't think that we should be surprised at the cloak and dagger stuff that's going on at the club. I stopped believing/trusting what comes out of the club after General Krulak left this forum in the way he did.

What surprises me is, just how long will it be before the fans take a stance against what is going on at our club? What will it take before the fans say "right, that's enough. I am going to do something about this"? Regardless of what anyone thinks of Lerner, the way the club has been run - together with the pathetic three/four seasons we've been forced to endure - surely it cannot go on being accepted for much longer? Do we have to wait until the club is relegated, which looks inevitable if we continue as we are.

It would be interesting to know just what it would take for fans to say "enough is enough".

For a more recent forum member like me, what happened with Krulak?
He posted some ridiculous things and was found out to just be using boards like this for PR spin. When that became obvious he'd lost all respect and left quickly.

Offered me out for a fight when I called him a liar too. How dare I!

• Like 1

I don't think that we should be surprised at the cloak and dagger stuff that's going on at the club. I stopped believing/trusting what comes out of the club after General Krulak left this forum in the way he did.

What surprises me is, just how long will it be before the fans take a stance against what is going on at our club? What will it take before the fans say "right, that's enough. I am going to do something about this"? Regardless of what anyone thinks of Lerner, the way the club has been run - together with the pathetic three/four seasons we've been forced to endure - surely it cannot go on being accepted for much longer? Do we have to wait until the club is relegated, which looks inevitable if we continue as we are.

It would be interesting to know just what it would take for fans to say "enough is enough".

For a more recent forum member like me, what happened with Krulak?
He posted some ridiculous things and was found out to just be using boards like this for PR spin. When that became obvious he'd lost all respect and left quickly.

Offered me out for a fight when I called him a liar too. How dare I!

You were lucky he cleared off, i bet the general knows 100 ways to kill a man.

• Like 1

The article has a lot of assumption in it and smells of someone looking for points to score.

It's hardly a report either it could have been written with a crayon.

That is all I am going to say on the matter.

Indeed. Reeks of sour grapes

• Like 1

Hairyhands seemed to be in the know from the coaching side or PR side of things. He also confessed to me that his team was Celtic. Wonder who works that close to the players/management and supports Celtic?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Marshall_(footballer)

Scott Marshall, the first team coach?

Reading his Wikipedia page I wouldn't be surprised if he supported Celtic, him and his brother both played for them.

Bent was primarily a Lerner signing

Thought that was interesting too.

Changes my tad of sympathy, for managers wasting his money......I suspect we only know the half of things at B6

Hairyhands seemed to be in the know from the coaching side or PR side of things. He also confessed to me that his team was Celtic. Wonder who works that close to the players/management and supports Celtic?

Many journalists work close to football managers.

Â