True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

Enjoyed the last episode. Felt that the series peaked episodes 4-6 but it was still very good tv, made by the main two actors mainly IMO. I liked the ending, good chemistry between Marty and Rust right to the end. Look forward to seeing what they do for the second series/who they bring in.

The build up in the first 5 or 6 episodes was fantastic but the ending was straight out of CSI. I also didn't expect some grand genious twist but it left a lot of loose ties. I guess it's easier to setup a mystery when you don't intend to tie all or even some of the clues in the end. That green paint/green ears thing was *******.

That said, the actors were great. Hopefully season 2, if there is at all after the extremely poor fan reaction, will be better.

Edited by BG_Villa_Fan

The build up in the first 5 or 6 episodes was fantastic but the ending was straight out of CSI. I also didn't expect some grand genious twist but it left a lot of loose ties. I guess it's easier to setup a mystery when you don't intend to tie all or even some of the clues in the end. That green paint/green eyes thing was *******.

Yeah I thought that was ridiculous too. Quite a leap. No one would ever put those two together.

Alright then, who do you want to see as the two new detectives next season/series? (If they stick with the two detective theme)

I'd like to see Don Cheadle and Barry Pepper, who is a brilliant actor but under appreciated.

People on here have said it will be a female duo next series. I'd like to see Woody's two girlfriends team up and go undercover.

I like where you're going with that, please continue...

To me the storyline was secondary to the superb acting.

In a way too the ending was an anticlimax because the perpetrator was really just a victim himself and was carrying on a legacy laid down by his father and other sickos, all of whom escaped scott free.

• 5 weeks later...

So I've seen it all now, and can comment on the thread I started. Excellent show, and I enjoyed it very much. Let down a little by the ending (I'd have preferred something darker), but over all a very enjoyable way to spend 8 hours of my life.

One thing I noticed in one of the earlier episodes, when they found the painting on the abandoned church wall. Before they went into the church, the birds in the sky seemed to fly in a swirly pattern (as per the symbol used by the Yellow King). I was thinking that this was a sign it might go off in a super natural direction, but that didn't seem to go anywhere.  

Edited by dAVe80

Â