True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

Just caught up to US pace, loving this series so far. Two brilliant performances by both detectives. Wouldn't like to hazard a guess at what will happen, agree that it seems to obvious for Rust to be involved though.

True Detective Panned by the New Yorker 

Judged purely on style, HBO’s “True Detective” is a great show. Every week, it offers up shiver-inducing cable intoxicants, from an over-the-top action sequence so liquid it rivals a Scorsese flick to piquant scenes of rural degradation, filmed on location in Louisiana, a setting that has become a bit of an HBO specialty.
Edited by maqroll

Anyone watched the 7th episode yet? 

Seems Marty was involved somewhere along the line, the guilt on his face after seeing the video of the girl and saying goodbye to Maggie pretty much confirmed that. 

Whoever called it on the lawnmower guy got it spot on  :thumb:

Anyone watched the 7th episode yet? 

Seems Marty was involved somewhere along the line, the guilt on his face after seeing the video of the girl and saying goodbye to Maggie pretty much confirmed that. 

Whoever called it on the lawnmower guy got it spot on  :thumb:

Looks like he's the guy. But it can't be that simple. There's got to but some kind of link between him and Marty...and maybe even Maggie.

I don't think Marty is involved any longer. I have been wondering what if the Dora lange murder was staged by someone who wanted to draw attention to the cult, and that made me think of Cohle but I don't think he'd go that far.

ok I have just skipped to the end of this thread to avoid any spoilers, is this like a one off series or is it going to keep running and running?

It looks pretty good and I'll watch it if its just one or maybe 2 series but if it if going to keep going for 5 or 6 then I can't be arsed for it

ok I have just skipped to the end of this thread to avoid any spoilers, is this like a one off series or is it going to keep running and running?

It looks pretty good and I'll watch it if its just one or maybe 2 series but if it if going to keep going for 5 or 6 then I can't be arsed for it

Its 8 episodes long. The second series, if they do make it, will contain a completely different storyline and characters. Each series is meant to be a self contained series. Or so I've heard.

Its 8 episodes long. The second series, if they do make it, will contain a completely different storyline and characters. Each series is meant to be a self contained series. Or so I've heard.

Ah that's brilliant if true, there should be more of these, that's why I have never minded american horror story because each series stands alone (even though I only saw the first one, it's nice to know that I could jump straight into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th series)

I really, really hope it doesn't end predictably, after starting out and promising weird shit.

I just want Twin Peaks back :(

As great and weird as Twin Peaks was, it should have ended 20 episodes sooner than it did. 

It was quite the phenomenon though, wasn't it? I'm not sure a show as bizarre and subversive could get on network television in the US right now. 

This is a classic scene, but for me, kind of signaled the end of my interest in the show. It's when it started to drag...

Edited by maqroll

Â