True Detective *May Contain Spoilers*

dAVe80

Writer has been saying all along not to expect any twists the only one I can think of is that perhaps Maggie's parents are somehow involved, but I hope not. Maybe it'll turn out Maynard Gilbough is the real True Detective.

Anyone watched the 7th episode yet?

Seems Marty was involved somewhere along the line, the guilt on his face after seeing the video of the girl and saying goodbye to Maggie pretty much confirmed that.

Whoever called it on the lawnmower guy got it spot on :thumb:

Ive watched this episode and im not seeing what you mean?? Dont think anything confirms it and didnt see no hint what so ever.

Damn true detective is superb!! I know its only been one series but I have to put it up there with the wire and sopranos for the atg tv show contender.

Seems Marty was involved somewhere along the line, the guilt on his face after seeing the video of the girl and saying goodbye to Maggie pretty much confirmed that.

Ive watched this episode and im not seeing what you mean?? Dont think anything confirms it and didnt see no hint what so ever.

Damn true detective is superb!! I know its only been one series but I have to put it up there with the wire and sopranos for the atg tv show contender.

The reaction to the video may have been ambiguous, but I don't think saying goodbye to Maggie was. Marty didn't say why he was there and she knew what the reason for the visit without him mentioning. 

Edited by Milfner

The reaction to the video may have been ambiguous, but I don't think saying goodbye to Maggie was. Marty didn't say why he was there and she knew what the reason for the visit without him mentioning. 

Because they had all been questioned by the police?

The reaction to the video was not ambiguous at all. Where has that come from?

A good look at why Audrey is involved

My guess? Marty, after a wild goose chase involving the lawnmower man, finds out his step-dad has 'interfered' with his daughter and goes bananas. Maggie is guilty of something, or perhaps she was similarly 'interfered' with at a young age. I'm not sure what Cohle will do, because it feels less and less like his story. Likely wind up dead.

In any case, some bad guys will get got, some will escape because they are in powerful positions.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

He finds god?

**** off...

Not what I took from it

Me either really, I was trying to get a proper bite but I can't be bothered!

It was ok, yeah. I quite liked the happy ending thing. Rust letting go of his nihilism a little, "removing his mask". It was like the end to a really **** good buddy movie.

I'm glad they didn't go all twisty with it too, though I know that's going to upset a few.

It's not Br Ba 5, it's not The Wire 4, but it has entertained me throughout and I'm going to miss it.

I thought it was very good up until the final scene. I guess it makes sense it terms of rounding the characters off - the 'arc', innit - but it was a bit too straightforward. By that I don't mean massive twists or anything, just something a bit different.

I'd give the series a solid B.

Yeah, I'm pleased there wasn't a twist, something ridiculous like Marty's wife being the yellow king or some random Internet bullshit like that. Nothing in the series up until that point gave me the impression it wasn't firmly rooted in its own reality.

I won't score it. Only to say it's recommended and it's in my top 5 series of all time. I can't wait for the next.

The show is taking a bit of a beating on iMDB. People saying it started to decline at episode 5, and that the final episode was a disaster. I know reasons why they are bashing it, but I still think it's a great show. It came out of nowhere, with no hype, and within 3 weeks had millions of people speculating about the killer(s), and marveling at the atmospherics of it all. That says a lot. As does the fact that HBO Go crashed last night, lol. 

I enjoyed the final episode, the chase through that old jail maze was very tense stuff. The ending was a bit hokey, considering how dark and brooding the show was all along. It wasn't the tidiest of closures, but I'm not too fussed about it. The journey along the way was where it was most fun to watch.

B+

• Like 1

Yeah, it seemed unlikely that Rust would have survived that. The swarm of police that showed up on the scene didn't get there until after the sun went down. It would have taken another 10-15 minutes at least for them to be found. That's well over 2 hours (at least) bleeding heavily from a massive stab wound to the abdomen. 

Â