Contract Renewal - Season Ticket Renewal

BigCarew

Season Ticket Renewal  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If / When Paul Lambert signs his contract, who will ...

• Renew their season ticket because he has signed a new contract
    • Renew their season ticket regardless for the love of Villa
    • Not renew their season ticket because of Paul Lambert's new contract
    • Not renew for other reasons

No chance if Lambert is still in charge. I'm sick of the inept performances.

Sitting in the North Stand makes it worse as I have to put up with the away fans.

This IS worse than the McLeish era and I'm not forking out

• Like 1

Sitting on the fence regarding the actual poll but I feel so pissed off at the moment I am mindful not to renew my two seats. I am virtually out of patience with the utterly inept home performances, I just don't enjoy turning up at Villa Park to watch shit. Much as I love Villa there is a limit.

As for Lambert he is just appalling. The fact our clown of an owner is seriously contemplating offering that useless and tactically clueless excuse of a manager a new contract just shows how out of touch he really is.

Sad and worrying times for all Villa fans.

• Like 1

I can't renew as i didn't bother this season anyway..... Phew! ... Lucky escape that.

Having said that i have not bought a season ticket for a number of years as work commitments made it pointless for a while.. although i could now get one and it would have been possible for the last 5 years had i felt it a worthwhile investment... I nearly went for it when Lerner and O'neill came to town but thought i'd give it one year first and frankly i wasn't ever really over impressed at the players he brought in nor the style of football so i held off and just went up as a pay on the day fan instead... Since then it's been worse and worse every season so i'm now not even remotely considering a season ticket until this club gives me a reason to get excited again.

Its a hard choice. I've renewed under DOL and McLeish so its not the manager that puts me off.

Part of me really doesn't want to give the club my money while Lerner is in charge but then I don't want to give up the season ticket I've had for years just because of one word removed.

I'll probably end up renewing.

Regardless of the plight of the Villa, the endowing of an £85m contract on a player who has never realised his potential, by a club that can't afford to pay it but will get away with it, has further alienated me from this billy big time bullshit Premier League/Champions League scenario.

In terms of watching sport where most of the participants are still in touch with reality, and generally playing for love of the game, then I am better invested in 6 Nations rugby and England/Warwickshire cricket.

But I'll renew, because that's what you do. The closest I have ever come to not renewing was after two years of O'Neill, and I still did it then.

I shall protest, but my protest will be towards Sky.

• Like 1

Started paying a mortgage last September, I may be able to afford to renew, but would have to knock holidays on the head, or worse, not buy a PS4. I'm kind of undecided. At the moment I feel like I won't renew, alternatively I could move to a cheaper seat.

For the last few years I'd thought about not renewing, then every year, the guys who would sit around me having NOT renewed would laugh at me and the other ST Holders as we watched us lose to Wigan at home. Last season I got tired of it and decided not to renew for this year, I'd had enough of being disappointed. I dreaded going to the games.

My wife thought it would help me recapture the enjoyment I used to get out of it...which was partly true, my first game this season was something I really looked forward to...but...it was disappointing, we rolled over and had our bellies rubbed by Newcastle, who were out of form at the time. Then the next game was Everton, where we were alright for the main, but gave away 2 goals and lost. Since then I haven't been back, mainly because the disappointment has continued.

I've missed some good days like beating Man City, but I've had more time to do other things.

It's a shame as I feel I have really lost touch with Villa by not going, I'm not as devoted as I was. I partly put this down to being done with how woeful we are and our completely lack of learning from mistakes, but I'd be a fool to say that not going every week hadn't contributed to it.

I don't regret not renewing, I find disappointment easier to deal with when I haven't forked out near on £600 to watch crap, but I do miss the excitement of walking to a game...as much as you say you'll go whenever you can, you don't, you forget to book time off, you don't look for tickets sale dates as you've not had to before.

I have a season ticket and go to a fair few aways and I've seen my team win 2 games this season (missed Cardiff). I don't know how I can justify this anymore.

This was how I was thinking last season, the Sunderland game almost swung me back, but you've got to work it out as cost per goal or cost per win...

The only reason I renewed this year was because Benteke stayed, you might be able to tempt me in the summer with some clever buys but it will be hard because no matter who we sign Lambert is tactically inept and we will still play shit football.

All my mates have lost interest as well, I had to convince two people to share a ST this year to have someone to go with.

As others said it is becoming a chore, another reason I keep going is because I haven't missed a single home game in about 11 seasons now and see it as some sort of record. If I miss one game I wont care, its highly likely after this season I will be done unless Lambert leaves. 

I'm out after this season, but it's not necessarily due to the current manager. I just don't enjoy going any more, having lost a lot of love for the game as a whole since the 2010 World Cup... I've said that before. I barely watch any football on TV any more. Just leaves me with a 'meh' feeling. It's broken.

Ironically, I might renew if we get relegated and we have a proper fresh start. Would be some good away days and all in a league in which we could actually compete and expect our fair share of home entertainment.

I don't really do football tactics - I don't fret about 4-4-2 or 5-3-2 etc. Not having played the game seriously (field hockey was my game), it always been about being part of a big crowd... a happy crowd singing in union... the 'wow' factor of actually going to and being at Villa Park... goals, goals, goals and results. I'm not getting that right now. So I am out.

Haven't been since the Swansea game (given my mate my ST). To be honest, I ain't really missed it. I feel a lot more chilled out though as a result, and it's nice not losing so much of a weekend watching 22 men chase a **** ball around a pitch.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 3

my wife said if you dont enjoy going to games dont go next year, i can spend my time doing much more things, not happy with how RL wants it these days,fed up of piss poor teams spanking us at home.. lamberts team/squad is terrible at home..i have had enough (big sigh) ... saves my best part of £700+ for 2ST 

• Like 2

Anyone else wish they did an 'away season-ticket'? I would definitely ditch my usual season-ticket then. Like many others, I just don't enjoy going to home games any more. Naturally there is more expectation to win a home game and time and time again we just leave our fanbase numb with disappointment. At least with away games you can get pissed with your mates, stand all game and have a sing song with little expectations generally. I always say I won't renew, but always do, it's like a bad habit. But there's only so much more of this tripe I can take.

I think many people's apathy is much to do with English football in general though. It's an absolute joke, in all honesty. German/Dutch football has it right. Cheap tickets and transport, standing areas, allowed to drink pints in the stand - that is what football used to be about. The whole demographic has changed unfortunately which is why most English stadia are half empty, more quiet than my local library and all look the same (cereal bowl esque).

Teams like Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal charging people in excess of £50 a ticket are taking the mick! Yet people still pay it...

• Like 4

Â