Contract Renewal - Season Ticket Renewal

BigCarew

Season Ticket Renewal  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If / When Paul Lambert signs his contract, who will ...

• Renew their season ticket because he has signed a new contract
    • Renew their season ticket regardless for the love of Villa
    • Not renew their season ticket because of Paul Lambert's new contract
    • Not renew for other reasons

I haven't renewed since Mcleish was installed as manager. I'd previously been a sth for the last 10 years. I was disgusted with the the board/ owner not listening to the fans with regard to the appointment.

Similar to above, I've really missed being there when we had obviously played well. At those times I'm usually there the next home game, only to see us get done 3-0 by Everton, Wigan West Ham ect.

I'll tell you this now, as much as I know we had to go through some pain to get our finances in order, what RL demanded of the villa faithful whilst giving precious little back is disgusting.

Two winter transfer windows in and in real need of investment and.....nothing.

You get to every home game and suck up the pathetic performances ..... Randy nowhere to be seen!

You've just witnessed a dire performance yet again and the next day the ticket office are on the phone asking for another £25-40 to see the same next week.

How many years has this gone on for?! It's taking the Proverbial! Every home game 36,000 turn up. Unbelievable. It's great support it really is. Well I'll tell you what I think. I think that unless we get some words of real assurance from the RL or PF then I'd say stuff'em! All they have to do is be honest and tell us what the plan is in detail. What will be available to the manager in the summer? And all this talk of a new contract has to stop. He hasn't proved yet that he can get us playing well consistently for 90 minutes of a single game!

It's about time we held the club to ransom until they speak with purpose,clarity and with a definite shared vision. Rant over.

• Like 2

I'll feel guilty if I don't renew, as the boy will have to go on public transport.

But I really don't want to renew. Lambert's team and brand of football has removed 50% of my love for the game, and Skyscumsport **** about with the kick offs has removed the rest.

villa v Norwich or villa v stoke is bad enough on a Saturday at 3 let alone 4 o'clock on a sunday. infact the Norwich game is half 4 kick off because of the league cup final. means I aint going to get in until pushing 8 o'clock. would not mind if we were worth watching, just feel guilty if I don't go

Got to agree with most of the comments on here.    I will renew but I am falling out of love with football in general .   This is partly down to stupid kick off times, ridiculous amounts of money paid to players, Sky and Media in general's obsession with the "big six" but mostly down to how very crap Villa are - particularly at home.   I think, if things picked up at Villa, I would have more general interest in football again. I rarely watch MOTD now - only when Villa have actually won or drawn.   All of the people that sat by me when I first got a season ticket 12 years ago (except 1) have now quit for one reason or another and the one that hasn't quit has moved to Holte End - so I go on my own anyway - however, I have made new friends with the people that sit by me now so I do like to go to see them . One of them is probably not going to renew next season.     It is just the complete lack of hope that surrounds us now.   I remember when it was exciting going to Villa, I used to really look forward to it, now it's just a chore really and when the weather is so awful I even consider not going (I do go but I would never have considered that a few years ago). 

I prefer away games too - however, for financial and other reasons, I haven't done so many this season - after being a virtual away ever present for eight years or so - I have found that, working full time, I actually enjoy having a day at home and whereas in the past I hated non-football weekends, I now look forward to Villa not spoiling the weekend .

However, I will renew next season - but if things don't improve and some hope doesn't return, I will seriously consider whether to bother the season after!   I think it's the fact that this is four seasons now we have been in this awful situation with no sign of anything getting better.   I was so happy when Randy took over but now I just feel completely despondent about it all. :(

Edited by Hev
  • Like 2

I'm curious as to what the original poster will be doing, concerning renewal or otherwise?

I am on the fence. Im 20 years old now and have loved watching Villa growing up. I have had a season ticket for in total around 9 years and for the past few years have managed around 6/7 away games. I stayed through the Mcleish tenure. I can't imagine my weekend and week without sort of 'looking forward to a day out watching villa'... but week after week this club is becoming more of a shambles and the style of football is worse than what it was under Mcleish. The players we have are pathetic signed by an incompetent manager. I can't see the progression (which is on another thread) and I can't see what Lambert has done to deserve a new contract. I want to renew, but I can't justify it at all, as if he gets a new contract I will still see this crap week in week out. Now being intelligent why would somebody want to put themselves through such dog crap every weekend and be pissed off every week. The home 'performances' let alone the results are a joke.

Edited by BigCarew

I will absolutely 100% be renewing my season ticket & hope to be first one in the queue.

Villa are my life.

I shall still purchase a Villa season ticket long after I have shed this mortal coil & will leave instructions to that effect as part of my will.

Villa till I die & beyond.

Believe it.

I admire your loyalty, but not as much as I value my free time, my mental well being and the money I save.

• Like 2

I will absolutely 100% be renewing my season ticket & hope to be first one in the queue.

Villa are my life.

I shall still purchase a Villa season ticket long after I have shed this mortal coil & will leave instructions to that effect as part of my will.

Villa till I die & beyond.

Believe it.

True enough but you don't have to attend to be a loyal fan
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with the clown getting an undeserving new contract I will just not be renewing as we will be in the Championship. Already paid £400 this season to watch us beat City in one of those fluke games and a stunning 4-3 victory against the Tesco bags.

Season ticket for five years before heading off to Uni, had the pleasure of having one for the last two.

Edited by Avflife

I Had a season ticket for years and years and looking at the stats I realise why, because the home form was decent and i was enjoying my football.

I dropped out of having a season ticket under O'Neill towards his last season couldn't stomach it, then it got even worse I and came back when Lambert was installed.

The train is now arriving at the same station.....I am not enjoying my football, so find it difficult to renew....i guess i'll just pick my games and hope it improves to a level of acceptance that i can renew one day.

I'm not going to hold my self to ransom by blind faith.

• Like 1

Its not about staying away because were good or bad its about enjoying the day and its just not worth the cost to go watch us perform horribly and nearly always lose at home, why should i pay 100's every weekend to watch that when the owner only puts in enough to get by?

He's not getting any of my money and hasnt done since the day mcleish was installed, the day i lost faith in lerner.

Â