The Boring Thread

Spoony

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Coins should have Lego studs on them. Instead of loose change in your pocket you could have a roll of coins. 

Great for the elderly. Keep 1 weeks pension with you in the shape of a walking stick. 

Trust me................this one's a winner. 

If you keep enough 1p and 2p's one could build a house ? It not alone provides the elderly with much needed support it solves the housing crisis in one go also.  You can start by building a bench with a roof and expand from there,  add a flap or a door.  Get DIY SOS "The big build" in.  Genius.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, limpid said:

How will advertisers pay for VillaTalk when we go back to barter?

Wait 'til you see what I've got to offer when it comes round to donations renewal ;)

• Like 1

I was just recalling when I was a little boy, my grandmother showed me how to roll clean socks up into a convenient ball before putting them in my dresser drawer.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

@maqroll Do you find it strange that over here we change (excuse the pun) from coins to notes at £5 ($6.21)?

You change (excuse the pun) from coins to notes at $1, right? That's roughly 80p to us which I find a very low amount to be making the coin to note change (excuse the pun).

I'll be very interested to hear your opinion on this.

Edited by Paddywhack

On 4/6/2017 at 14:40, Paddywhack said:

I've got a new pound coin! :D

It's nice and shiny.

Have you spent it yet?

38 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have you spent it yet?

Yes, sadly. Someone owed me £59 and they gave me £60. It was the only pound coin I had for the change but I thought it'd be nice to give someone else there first new pound coin too.

Life goes on.

I've just got one. It came out of a vending machine (train ticket machine) as change. 

This leads me to the question, are vending machines automatically ready for the new £1 coin?

If so, then this is good. 

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've just got one. It came out of a vending machine (train ticket machine) as change. 

This leads me to the question, are vending machines automatically ready for the new £1 coin?

If so, then this is good. 

Some are, a lot aren't. A lot of shopping trolleys aren't ready as well as I understand. 

None of them are automatically ready, a surprising amount of dev and QA work goes in to ensuring that they can accept the right coins without being easily tricked with other objects. In some cases (mostly very old machines), a hardware upgrade was needed. Most of them just needed a software update, but you'd be surprised by how rare it is in the UK for them to be networked, so the software updates have mostly required blokes with USB sticks driving around the country updating them.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Lovely day outside but i'm stuck indoors reading VT in my underpants. 

Snap. I'm gonna listen to the match, then head out to the club for the Grand National. Not planning on putting my kecks on till then.

• 2 months later...

Life was getting pretty dull, so for this week's 'big shop' I decided to try benecol instead of actimel, because what's life without a risk or 2 ?  They were on special and I'm crazy like that. Turns out the evil benecol contains 2 artificial sweeteners which I could instantly taste as the wretched stuff hit my tongue and throat.  Doesn't even warn you on the packaging.  So yes, they're disgusting and that's my risk taking done for another year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, V01 said:

You don't like sweet things hitting the back of your throat...

They have to be naturally sweet :blush::blush:

Â