The Boring Thread

Spoony

5 hours ago, Xela said:

The thing is, mine isn't a viral infection, or linked to my ulcerative colitis that I have, which thankfully is under control at the moment, its just good old fashioned big poos. Not diarrhea or anything like that.  

pity.

March has the start of Spring. It has daylight when you wake up in the morning, with light for the journey to work.

A light frost on the grass of an early morning weekend walk.

St David's day Welsh cakes.

Bank holidays. Lent. Easter eggs. Get togethers to celebrate Easter week.

The sun has heat in it on a good day for the first time since September.

Frog spawn in the pond and buds on my plum tree. The allotment looks like it might be salvageable. The first stumbling cut of the lawn. The smell of cut grass. The smell of an evening garden fire somewhere in the distance.

Actual lingering sunsets, not just suddenly dark at 4:45pm. Things might just be getting better...

On the downside, Aston Villa do traditionally find March quite a tricky month.

• Like 1

September is my vote for the worst month. 

Horrible back to school memories, subsequent school traffic returns, the summery days (if we had any) tail off, any early season hopes are dashed. Can't think of many positive things that happen during it. 

November isn't great, but we tend to have a trip away then to deliberately break up that rubbish month so these days I rather look forward to it.

51 minutes ago, mjmooney said:
APRIL is the cruellest month, breeding

Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing  
Memory and desire, stirring  
Dull roots with spring rain.

what a load of shit.

April is the month I fell out of my moms crotch. it has to be awesome.

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

April is the month I fell out of my moms crotch. it has to be awesome.

it was January for me ... and Feb ..and March  ....

with sincere apologies in advance

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

March has the start of Spring. It has daylight when you wake up in the morning, with light for the journey to work.

A light frost on the grass of an early morning weekend walk.

St David's day Welsh cakes.

Bank holidays. Lent. Easter eggs. Get togethers to celebrate Easter week.

The sun has heat in it on a good day for the first time since September.

Frog spawn in the pond and buds on my plum tree. The allotment looks like it might be salvageable. The first stumbling cut of the lawn. The smell of cut grass. The smell of an evening garden fire somewhere in the distance.

Actual lingering sunsets, not just suddenly dark at 4:45pm. Things might just be getting better...

On the downside, Aston Villa do traditionally find March quite a tricky month.

Magnificent. Love the positivity. I guess I'm sour because I just turned **** 45 years old...

• Like 1

On 21/03/2016 at 13:58, Rugeley Villa said:
1 minute ago, hogso said:

As a hobby I like to guess the distances between things. I carry a tape measure with me to see if I'm right.

That's not true is it? :lol:

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That's not true is it? :lol:

Try it for yourself - it's literally endless entertainment. Walking to town? How far say you the width of one stripe of a zebra's crossing? Waiting for that pasta cook? How long one piece? Half hour til you board your flight? How far from your seat in the waiting lounge to the one opposite?

Spoiler

It's actually one of Shigeru Miyamoto's hobbies. I read a list of '10 geniune boring facts about Miyamoto' and thought about this thread, but rather than post them all as some might not know who he is, I thought it would be more fun to say it was my hobby

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

Try it for yourself - it's literally endless entertainment. Walking to town? How far say you the width of one stripe of a zebra's crossing? Waiting for that pasta cook? How long one piece? Half hour til you board your flight? How far from your seat in the waiting lounge to the one opposite?

Hide contents

It's actually one of Shigeru Miyamoto's hobbies. I read a list of '10 geniune boring facts about Miyamoto' and thought about this thread, but rather than post them all as some might not know who he is, I thought it would be more fun to say it was my hobby

Post them.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Post them.

Spoiler

Picture
Shigeru Miyamoto is a living legend. From Donkey Kong, to Mario, to Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Pilotwings, Pikmin, Wii Sports, and countless more - he's been involved with more of the greatest games of all time than any other creator.

But how much do we actually know about the lifelong Nintendo employee? 

Here are ten facts of such mind-numbing dullness that they have sent ten children into a somnambulistic coma.

10. As a child, Shigeru Miyamoto would put on puppet shows for his friends and family. 
Picture

9. When he was seven or eight, while walking in the woods behind his house, Miyamoto found a hole in the ground. Returning the next day with a lantern, he discovered that it led to a small cavern.
Picture

8. Recalling another childhood incident, Miyamoto once said: "I can still recall the kind of sensation I had when I was in a small river, and I was searching with my hands beneath a rock, and something hit my finger, and I noticed it was a fish."
Picture

7. Though Miyamoto's father was an English teacher, his own grasp of English isn't very good.
Picture

6. Miyamoto can play both the banjo and guitar.
Picture

5. Miyamoto claims that one of his hobbies is guessing the distances between things. He always carries a tape measure with him to see if he guessed correctly.
Picture

4. Before Donkey Kong became known as a "platformer", Miyamoto described it as a "running/jumping/climbing" game.
Picture

3. Shigeru Miyamoto is married with two children. As of writing, his son is aged 32 and works in advertising, and his daughter is 29. In the past, she studied zoology.
Picture

2. Shigeru Miyamoto: he's a brown-haired man.
Picture

1. According to Wikipedia, Miyamoto enjoys rearranging furniture in his house, even late at night.
Picture

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogso said:

...I like to guess the distances between things. I carry a tape measure with me to see if I'm right.

have you made it a hard rule, or do you bend it, or break it sometimes?

1 hour ago, hogso said:

As a hobby I like to guess the distances between things. I carry a tape measure with me to see if I'm right.

Nintendo legend Shigeru Miyamoto does something similar. He likes to guess the size of objects and carries a tape measure round to check whether he's correct.

Â