Who is the One Player You Wish Had Played For Villa

maqroll

Without getting carried away with the likes of Cantona who we could never have signed, I reckon Robbie Keane first time round. He would have been a legend and made a massive difference at the time. John Gregory not signing him was a massive **** up!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 1

Without getting carried away with the likes of Cantona who we could never have signed, I reckon Robbie Keane first time round. He would have been a legend and made a massive difference at the time. John Gregory not signing him was a massive **** up!

Doug Ellis pulled the plug on that through sheer stubborness. I remember Gregory coming out afterwards and said we offered Coventry eleven twelfths of what they wanted but Ellis wasn't willing to go the whole hog.

Such a shame.

Doug Ellis pulled the plug on that through sheer stubborness. I remember Gregory coming out afterwards and said we offered Coventry eleven twelfths of what they wanted but Ellis wasn't willing to go the whole hog.

Such a shame.

Read John Gregory's book........ it was the opposite.......... We put the money in, Cov wanted the extra £500K, Ellis said to get it done, but JG said NO, said we were being held to ransom.........

Juninho when he was at Atl. Madrid. I'm pretty sure we were top of the league around December, but, iirc, Ellis wouldn't pay the transfer fee and we ended up falling away.

Once again, we did the deal with Madrid, but at the last minute the £2M pay off from Madrid he was owed they said Villa had to pay, and we told em to **** off........ Rightly So........

Â