Who is the One Player You Wish Had Played For Villa

maqroll

Juninho when he was at Atl. Madrid. I'm pretty sure we were top of the league around December, but, iirc, Ellis wouldn't pay the transfer fee and we ended up falling away.

We were and he chose to go to Middlesborough, but i don't think he was as successful as he was first time around there. Good little player though!

We might hate his as a tv presenter but we were so close to getting Gary Linekar in 88/89 I think. The only reason we didn't get him was the wages would have put the club in financial jeopardy. The great thing about Taylor as manager he was honest and told you as it was. 

I often wonder what would have happened had Frank Lampard picked us instead of Chelsea in 2001.

He would've **** off to a bigger club two years into his contract.

Back in those days he could well have made us one of those bigger clubs. It was doable then

• 1 month later...

I thought we would get Sturridge in 2009 when he left Man. City but then Chelsea came in for him....I think he would've been really good for us and see proper rotation with him and Gabby.

Weren't we close to getting Les Ferdinand in the mid 90s and he went to Newcastle instead and regularly scored 20 + goals for them. We got Collymore instead.

Sod all the pretty boys and goal scorers, I'd have Roy Keane of some such similar absolute bastard in midfield.  I want teams to be scared of playing us and Roy faced down the likes of Viera, I'd love to have a bit of that in the team.

Â