Who is the One Player You Wish Had Played For Villa

maqroll

All I knew of Luc Nilis is that he played a few games for us, broke his leg and retired. I just went on his Wiki, I had no idea he was such a prolific goalscorer.

1984–1986 Winterslag 47 (16) 1986–1994 Anderlecht 224 (127) 1994–2000 PSV 164 (110) 2000 Aston Villa 3 (1)

EDIT: oh, that copy and paste didn't work well. Meh.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

As I'm so old I have two players, both well pre-premiership, I would have loved to see in the Claret and Blue of Villa.

John Charles, who was a whole team on his own and Johnny Haynes, who could thread a ball through the eye of a needle.

Players in the premiership years, I would have to say my number one would have to be Frank Lampard. The best £7 million Chelsea ever spent. 

Le Tiss is a great shout, as is Gazza. Pirlo, Rijkaard, Gullit, Van Basten, Bergkamp, Zola, Cantona, Henry, Viera, Maldini, Baresi, Lombardo, fat Ronaldo......

Just becomes a list of your fave players then really doesn't it? Maradonna, Best, Charlton, Pele, Zico ;) The post above about John Charles is great too. They had a testimonial for him before he died, the stadium was full and probably 99% of the fans in the stadium would have never ever seen him play. He's still a god in Turin to this day. How many players is that true of? 60 years on. Incredible.

We're living to regret letting Sturridge go, Cahill too, Crowley just got robbed off us and he may well be very special. 

Good shout on Paul Gascoigne. Most talented English player of the last 25 years by a long way.

In flashes maybe. But that's it flashes.!

Did you see Italia 90 or Euro 96?

Good shout on Paul Gascoigne. Most talented English player of the last 25 years by a long way.

In flashes maybe. But that's it flashes.!

Did you see Italia 90 or Euro 96?

You've just proved his point.

How about Teddy Sherringham?  Graham Taylor went and bought Tony Cascarino from Millwall when we were going for the title in 89/90 I think and if we had instead signed his strike partner, who went on to be a Champions League winner, things could have been very different.......

• Like 2

Â