Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

I'm probably about another 40 hours left to go on the witcher so won't be so fortunate, not sure what to do, put it on the back burner and pick this up or wait for this to drop in price

Still need to play the prelude

I've seen a lot of people say that one you reach a certain point in the Witcher it becomes harder to go back to if you leave it. I experienced this a little with it when Arkham Knight came out by slogged through and got back into it.

This MGS is very mission based apparently so the structure isn't the 8 hour movie belting along that MGS usually is so I distract you could dip in and out of it between Witcher sessions.

In other news, people are getting this delivered today. Lucky bastards.

Call me crazy but I preferred the old style of interactive movies. MGS4 went overboard though as did MGS2 to an extent with the long codec calls - MGS3 had the right balance.

I thought that during the games I loved it, didn't a clue what was going on at times buts it's what made it what it is, but at the same time, for me anyway, it makes them incredibly hard to replay, I can't be bothered with the nonsense the second time round

I haven't looked in too much depth so I don't really know but what I do think is missing which is a massive part of my enjoyment is the set piece esque baddie battles, that's something else that made the MGS series, the codec I could do without, the fat bloke on roller skates planting bombs I'd miss

I'm hoping to get a couple of hours with it later, very much looking forward to it. Had it since Saturday but stupidly decided to polish off Batman completely before starting it. Riddler stuff has taken bloody ages...

I've not seen a single bad word about it yet, which is very unusual. As a sequel to Place Walker I'm also left wondering how much you need to know about that game as I never bothered with it...

I haven't a clue about the characters and it hasn't affected my enjoyment one bit.

It's a completely different animal to the usual MGS games, and that's a huge positive for me because I've not enjoyed them since the ps1 game.

Â