Metal Gear Solid

villarule123

I'm assuming that by this time next week cex will have a load of them traded in due to the length, it doesn't really bother me (although my love the series is general is probably as low as it's been) but just knowing I'll be able to get it cheaper easily quite soon is holding me back

I saw it in Asda yesterday for £25, think its £22 on Amazon. I'd imagine it will be <£20 within a week or so like you say. I'm intrigued to play it but right now, knowing somebody completed the story in 10 minutes, I just can't do it.

im sure its a prologue rather than a full game

its basically a demo for next years game, edge said that if its a demo then its probably the best demo you'll ever play, and to be fair i played the MGS2 demo for hours... they also said that theres a fair bit of new stuff so playing it and getting really comfortable with it will probably make you enjoy the proper game more

i'll get it, like i said its just a case of knowing that the cost of it will drop pretty soon thats putting me off

From what I can gather, Ground Zeroes leaves the story at a point akin to stopping a James Bond flick after the first 10 minutes, and not carrying it on for another year (or how ever long it ends up being till Phantom Pain) .

So I dunno man, for me, I'm gonna leave it until like a week before PP comes out. Unless you really really love the shit out of MGS I'm not sure why you'd consider getting it yet. That said, the extra missions at least do seem to add some length on top of just the main one, and the gameplay changes looks good.

• Like 1

Y is it so short?

Konami are seeing if they can get people to stump up £20+ for a demo. 

I suspect there will be quite a few second hand copies going cheap in a week or two. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Metal Gear Scanlon is where it's at.  It will cost you twenty odd quid to watch it, but it's brilliant. :lol:

Oh, and this menu music just just the best.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by The_Rev

• 3 months later...

So with Kojima and his team gone by December, will anyone bother with a Konami Metal Gear game/series? I'll be interested to see where he goes next, and can't imagine he'll have too many issues finding a publisher for a new, non-MG game based on his name alone.

I intend to play Phantom Pain, after wading my way through the HD collection which I have on PS3, but haven't played yet.

said in the gaming thread it'll be interesting to see who owns what, kojima was director of MGS, policenauts, ZOE, currently involved with silent hills too (but not as much as the trailer suggests i think) his studio also designed the fox engine for konami  which is used for PES and silent hills

will MGS continue without him? would people even touch that? could it be that policenauts and ZOE havent come back because it was him that didnt want to do it and once he's gone they will?

think konami might struggle, PES is obviously back, but castlevania is dying a death, silent hill had nails in the coffin before last year and they need silent hills to be a hit, a lot of their old franchises havent carried through to last gen let alone this (suikoden, vandal hearts, contra, beatmania, dance dance)

they'll be left with PES and a kojima-less MGS

Will anyone care? The Doors put out a couple of albums after Jim Morrison died but nobody talks about them any more. MGS without Kojima isn't MGS is it?

You mean it might be a game rather than an interactive movie?

But I agree a Kohima-less MGS will get a tonne of attention which will then turn in to a tonne of scrutiny, I'd guess that the production costs are sky high and konami couldn't afford for a MGS game to flop

To be fair, there isn't really anywhere to go after MGSV. Possibly the only thing left to do would be a remake of Metal Gear 1 & 2.

To be fair, remaking Metal Gear and Snake's Revenge (MG2) wouldn't be a bad shout if they are going to be so bereft of ideas. 

Indeed. The two games aren't really that important to the overall storyline (they're referenced a few times in MGS1 but that's about it) but most people just haven't played them. I'm a pretty big MGS fan and even I haven't touched them. Pretty sure if they did a HD remake of them most would play.

Edited by Mantis

Â