Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

**** YOU SWEDEN, **** YOU!

Truth to be told, we were missing 3-4 of our best players, but in four years Barkov, Granlund, Teravainen, Maatta etc. are much better players, and Filppula and Koivu are still just over 30 so gold in next olympics.

Fortunately Team USA will wipe the floor with the swedes. :clap:

I reckon Teemu Selänne is also not yet at his peak.

So you favour the US over Canada then?

**** YOU SWEDEN, **** YOU!

Truth to be told, we were missing 3-4 of our best players, but in four years Barkov, Granlund, Teravainen, Maatta etc. are much better players, and Filppula and Koivu are still just over 30 so gold in next olympics.

Fortunately Team USA will wipe the floor with the swedes. :clap:

I reckon Teemu Selänne is also not yet at his peak.

So you favour the US over Canada then?

Selänne is nowhere near as good as he was at his peak, and he can't turn the games by himself. He was good on this tournament, and seemed to click with Barkov who was irreplaceable in the first line up. Immonen wasn't bad replacement but he's not half the player Barkov would've been.

I do, USA has been better than any side they've played against so far and their attacking play has been very efficient. Canada has looked pretty disjointed and inefficient in front of the goal. Like Russia, Canada looks to be playing like collection individual players instead of as a team, which USA does.

How did Vanessa Mae get on?

Edit: I googled it. She came 67th out of 67 finishers. 50 seconds behind the leaders.

I'm sure she had a nice time though.

Edited by Stevo985

How did Vanessa Mae get on?

Edit: I googled it. She came 67th out of 67 finishers. 50 seconds behind the leaders.

I'm sure she had a nice time though.

Obviously she didn't have a nice time because there were sixty-six better ones.

Do you know what? I nearly re-wrote that because I knew someone would make that joke!

Who is that comment directed at?

Anyway, I heard the reason Vanessa Mae finished last was because she was playing her violin as she skied down and the multi-tasking slowed her down...any truth to that rumour?