Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

Wouldn't Canada not winning ice hockey gold be like America not winning baseball gold?

Not really, there are 5 or 6 pretty even teams; Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden, Russia and Czech who all can beat each other even though on paper Canada and USA has best teams.

SILVER AND GOLD FOR FINLAND TODAY! WHOOOOOOOOO! PERKELE!

Congratulations on that one! :) Though, the gold looked a bit dubious, to be fair, but I don't think your man saw the german behind him. But I bet they ain't gonna send you flowers in the first place. :P Well done, anyway!

Nothing dubious, per rules Jauhojarvi had every right to take that lane, and coming from behind, the german should've taken another lane. Germans made a claim of protest and jury ruled out any wrongdoing. Great ending for his career, his last start in any olympics and won gold :)

Edited by Jarpie

Watch it with someone who understands the game and can talk you through it. If you understand what's going on, you get the hang of where the puck is and where it's going.

I'm free for the final on Sunday if you need me to talk you through it. ;)

• Like 1

Watching ice hockey for the first time could be good to see it with someone familiar with the sport who could explain why stuff happens. Once you get familiar with the intricacies, it's great sport to watch especially if the game is fast paced end-to-end with high stakes.