Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

Well Snowboard Cross is ridiculous.

The knockout format basically means that the best boarder in the form of his or her life can be instantly knocked out by some moron who falls over into them. And that can happen at any point in any race.

The BMX cross in the summer games was way better, the preliminary stages were a points format over several races, so even if you had an unlucky fall, you could make up for it by being better over the distance. 

Snowboard Cross is just pot luck.

Well done to the Mens Curlers for getting to the semis with a beauty of a last shot - victory from the jaws of defeat. Meanwhile how on earth did the ladies manage to lose yesterday when 3 up with one end to play.....amateurs.

Jenny, if you read this, I'm a bit of an amateur sports scientist so I'm intrigued by what training and how much you had to do to get to the top of your sport and to stay there.

I'm assuming lots of core strength exercises? Much in the way of weights or is it better to be light and flexible?

Do you have to stick to specific diets such as high protein or is it not that restrictive?

Cheers.

Jenny, if you read this, I'm a bit of an amateur sports scientist so I'm intrigued by what training and how much you had to do to get to the top of your sport and to stay there.

I'm assuming lots of core strength exercises? Much in the way of weights or is it better to be light and flexible?

Do you have to stick to specific diets such as high protein or is it not that restrictive?

Cheers.

You give 110% at all times. I hope that helps.  :)

Cheers.

Yes core strength exercise is a must, yoga is a good addition. Weights for my legs yes because you need it to absorb impact as much as anything, so you have to have strong thighs. Diets, i just eat well, ad sensibly really.

Does this help?

Cheers.

Yes core strength exercise is a must, yoga is a good addition. Weights for my legs yes because you need it to absorb impact as much as anything, so you have to have strong thighs. Diets, i just eat well, ad sensibly really.

Does this help?

Yep ta :-)

czechs really cant be as bad as they have been. wanted see Jagr finish on a high :(

Well luckily we beat the Slovaks but they made it interesting. It was 4-0 and then they scored 3 straight to make it scary. Ended 5-3.

Czech vs USA should be interesting.