Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

Niskanen is still very young and looks to be very promising... gold in 2018!

And we're still gonna beat you in hockey! B)

I fear that, especially now when Zetterberg is gone. :( The games against Finland are always tough. But I'll always remember when we were 5-1 down and turned it around to win 6-5. :D But IIRC we had 3 of the absolute best players in the world at that time in Forsberg, Sundin and Lidström. They were truly world class all of them.

I know this is brought up a lot but the winter olympics is just babe after babe.

Every competitor is hot.

I mean the worst of the worst there is probably still like a 7.5

Hmm I've spotted a couple who might struggle to reach that.

Niskanen is still very young and looks to be very promising... gold in 2018!

And we're still gonna beat you in hockey! B)

I fear that, especially now when Zetterberg is gone. :( The games against Finland are always tough. But I'll always remember when we were 5-1 down and turned it around to win 6-5. :D But IIRC we had 3 of the absolute best players in the world at that time in Forsberg, Sundin and Lidström. They were truly world class all of them.

1995 - 2011 - 2014 NEVER FORGET! :D

but seriously, I can't believe how unbelievably badly finnish women played today. Deserved to lose with that kind of playing.

Silver by finnish women in cross-country relay was great achievement but losing gold to sweden always stings. It's starting to look that finnish cross-country skiing has/will finally recover(ed) from the doping scandal from 2001.

Edited by Jarpie

I am kinda loving this, Norway has done much worse than they expected. They think so highly of their skiers, it`s quite funny when literally everyone of them missed the medals now. At least the "safe" ones. Talking about scandal on TV and what not, lol. It`s great. It has gotten more and more primadonna style over the whole thing, what about concentrating on the sport and just the sport, not the medical, advertising and so forth? Gotta say I love it, they deserve it.

• Like 1

That womens cross country relay was fooking amazing. How in the name of sweet baby jesus din Kalla catch the Fin and the German?!??!! 27 seconds in 5km with the other two fighting for gold, and she did the hunting by herself. I'm an absolute awe

• Like 2

I know nothing about ice hockey - how come they seem to be allowed to have a scrap if they fancy?

I don't think they are in the Olympics.

Five minute penalty for fighting (actually dropping the gloves and duking it out, as opposed to just a bit of push and shove) in the NHL.

Fighting in the Olympics gets you ejected from the game and a match penalty.