Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

maqroll

The norwegian doping aren't working anymore :detect:

In finnish sport forums there's been suspicion that they'd found out or heard that substances they've used could be tested for.

Given that finns were caught by new testing methods in 2001, I think above mentioned is possible.

I seriously doubt that. Would be hilarious but they are pretty determined on what they do, and I doubt they could cultivate such surroundings and keep it quiet that fast. Glad Sweden won today at least, northug is a tit

I have my suspicions since the swedish TV-show Uppdrag Granskning provided lists with test results on the skiers blood values. They were way too high to get naturally by just training, this was test results from the 90's.

Keeping things like this quiet Lance Armstrong and his companions did for many years. 

Well, who knows. There will always be skepticism when there are winners, certainly over time. But I don`t think there would be a massive overhaul if something came up. Someone has to win, but if they were cheating then I hope it comes out, it`s embarrasing not only for the country, but the competition that is in place and their selective sports. So far, none of them has been "caught" but that might be different in 12 months. One thing that is true is that they have invested pretty heavily in this so a reason for success at least seems reasonable. 

1606840_10151900803261497_1663022982_n.j

Rask played really great, got to give him credit..

Yeah he did, although I was disappointed with Olli Jokinen and Jussi Jokinen who both are NHL players. I was very impressed by Vaananen, Pihlstrom and Maatta.

Barkov was great loss for us, shit luck that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71JHunY8rI

This song is in sync with the track.

Currently 30th which is...last place...which means there's only room for improvement tomorrow!

EDIT - And before villaajax tries to destroy the story that was the turning point and inspiration of my childhood...here is a bit of information from former GB Bobsledder, Colin Bryce  -

If you don't know the Cool Runnings story, because it was a long time ago now, in 1988 the Jamaicans turned out at the Winter Olympics with four top class sprint athletes in the bobsleigh.

But they weren't even the highest placed Caribbean team.

The Dutch Antilles were, so maybe the story should have been about them?

No, it shouldn't have been :D

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71JHunY8rI

This song is in sync with the track.

Currently 30th which is...last place...which means there's only room for improvement tomorrow!

EDIT - And before villaajax tries to destroy the story that was the turning point and inspiration of my childhood...here is a bit of information from former GB Bobsledder, Colin Bryce  -

If you don't know the Cool Runnings story, because it was a long time ago now, in 1988 the Jamaicans turned out at the Winter Olympics with four top class sprint athletes in the bobsleigh.

But they weren't even the highest placed Caribbean team.

The Dutch Antilles were, so maybe the story should have been about them?

No, it shouldn't have been :D

Yes, it should have been. ;)

• Like 1

More like 'Kool Lopend' because that's what they are compared to the glorious Antilles.

Haha :)

Poor_Cabbage_Man-4048.JPEG

I bet Ginko knows who this is.

I'm hoping for at least a top 20 finish tomorrow/later on today.

I'm surprised '91 hasn't mentioned Lascelles Brown...

More like 'Kool Lopend' because that's what they are compared to the glorious Antilles.

Haha :)

Poor_Cabbage_Man-4048.JPEG

I bet Ginko knows who this is.

I'm hoping for at least a top 20 finish tomorrow/later on today.

I'm surprised '91 hasn't mentioned Lascelles Brown...

Why, it's not like he's Canadian or anything is it?

• Like 1

29th :DBecause Serbia didn't compete in the last run.

Good news for villaajax, Netherlands finish 20th which is the final qualifying place so just about make it for a crack at the final run.

And for '91 with all three of Canada's teams finishing in the top ten, (Which obviously includes Lascelles Brown)

Possible Jamaican Bobsled team for 2018? -

173092_400x400wc.jpgwinston-watts.jpg

I hope so, 50 is still young!

• Like 1