Coffee or Tea

maqroll

Coffee or Tea  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred cup?

• Coffee
    • Tea
  2. 2. How many cups of coffee do you drink a day?

• 4+
  3. 3. How many cups of tea do you drink a day?

• 4+

Not going to get into the arguments about the right way to make tea again, it's been done to death in other threads. 

But in answer to the OP - both. I need both tea and coffee (filter coffee, not that instant shite - although this has also been thoroughly argued elsewhere). 

If I absolutely had to choose one only, it would be tea. But I'd rather not. 

• Like 1

Tea for me. Coffee seems like a lifestyle accessory for many people.

I've always wanted to drink Kopi Luwak, but it's really difficult to get hold of it in Sittingbourne. I've asked in Asda several times but I think there's a language barrier with the local Kentish cockerneys.

As a compromise I've been force feeding the cat teabags.

I saw a grim news report on that stuff. They're not exactly free range as the packaging claims.

Coffee. In terms of taste it's not even close. I have the odd cup of tea dependant on which housemate is making.

As for brand I'm lucky enough to live in that London where decent coffee isn't a million miles from anywhere. I rarely drink instant, but don't mind a cup in a pinch.

There's a little stall outside Dalston Kingsland station of a morning that makes an exceptional Latte.

The questions:

Does instant coffee really count as coffee?

Is coffee considered more masculine than tea?

It is notable that both Jack Aubrey and Jack Reacher are drinkers of strong coffee.

I notice a certain disapproval from the chaps for my occasional preference for an infusion - it being a bit poncey, like.

I prefer China teas because I am not too keen on strong tannins, as they tend to upset my guttywuts.

The questions:

Does instant coffee really count as coffee?

Is coffee considered more masculine than tea?

Yes.

Yes.

Neither means it's right.

When ever the discussion of family memes comes up (not a lot) the example I always mention is the place of high tea as ceremony to express the family's respectability and bourgeois aspirations.

Serving strong tea in china cups liberated from their display in the china cabinet, stood at the centre of the ceremonies.

So for me the associations with the feminine values of best bib and tucker, best behaviour (no swearing chaps) and no booze are pretty strong.

Also, frappucinos are vile. One of those things where it's not just that I don't like them, it's that I can't comprehend how anyone else could like them.

probably in much the same way I can't comprehend why anybody would like \ want to eat an apple or a pear or an orange  (or any fruit for that matter )

we is all different innit

I'll have a frappuccino from time to time...

This topic is about beverages not homosexual peccadilloes...

cough ** homosexual wine drinker ** cough

:)

tea

and im sure it was on reddit or twitter under "1st world problems" - thinking that people who have sugar in their tea lack intelligence - i cant shake that thought when making tea for other people now!

Haha, Oh dear, I have three sugars whether it's coffee or tea.

• Like 1

Â