Our Best Defender Ever No Argument.

villa-revolution

If McGrath and Laursen could have disrupted the space time continuum and somehow played in the same squad together, we would never have conceded a goal ever...

Laursen, for all his plaudits on here isn't fit to lace the boots of McGrath. He was simply the best defender I've ever seen kick a ball for the Villa and easily our consistent player ever. "Legend" is the most overused word in modern day football but Paul McGrath truly does deserve to be called one. All other players come a distant 2nd place to him.

Shaun Teale deserves a mention.

Lol Sorry but by who? His wife?

Sorry but although Shaun Teale always gave everything he had there was a good reason he spent the majority of his career in the lower leagues.

Macca was by far the best defender that I have ever seen and this despite him being drunk or not fully fit.

Laursen was very good but not in the same class and as for Alpay hahahaha.

Big Ken McNaught was very good after his 1st season and I always thought Leighton Phillips was underrated but it's all opinions for who was runner up to God.

I'm probably just feeling sentimental and longing for the good old days back, but my vote differs: Allan Evans.

Or Chris Nichol maybe? Anyone at Old Trafford that night in '77 and remembers that awesome strike might have something to say on the matter.

And who else can score all four goals in a 2-2 draw, I ask yer?

God was, without doubt, though the best player ever to pull on the claret 'n' blue.

Edited by AValon

I'm probably just feeling sentimental and longing for the good old days back, but my vote differs: Allan Evans.

Or Chris Nichol maybe? Anyone at Old Trafford that night in '77 and remembers that awesome strike might have something to say on the matter.

And who else can score all four goals in a 2-2 draw, I ask yer?

God was, without doubt, though the best player ever to pull on the claret 'n' blue.

Saunders soon replaced Nichol for Mcnaght though!

Â