Our Best Defender Ever No Argument.

villa-revolution

we have been lucky to be graced with brilliant defenders in our history that is shames me that we paid big money/wages for such crap like Warnock, Cuellar and Beye when not good enough to lace any of our top defenders boots

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Laursen

5. Ehiogu

Totally agree

"It's Alan Evans not Allan Evans" - I think it was "Allan" Electric Avenue but I guess we would both agree that he was one L of a player... 

It was definitely Allan

Disagree slightly :) I believe it deserves it's own place

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Mellberg's beard

5. Laursen

as good as he was his beard was better than Mellberg. He would appreciate that too ;)

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Laursen

5. Ehiogu

Totally agree

"It's Alan Evans not Allan Evans" - I think it was "Allan" Electric Avenue but I guess we would both agree that he was one L of a player... 

It was definitely Allan

Disagree slightly :) I believe it deserves it's own place

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Mellberg's beard

5. Laursen

as good as he was his beard was better than Mellberg. He would appreciate that too ;)

Imagine Paul McGrath with Mellberg's beard.

• Like 1

Mcgrath would be my top, with Evans right there with him.

But no mentions for Charlie Aitken yet !! So now there is - certainly our best Left Back, and our best servant.  The first Autograph I ever got too....

Charlie should get a mention being the longest serving player i think! So yes he should get the best ever left back spot,.Still can't decide between Gidman and Swain though, but I also could never decide between Gray and Withe for best centre forward!

But no mentions for Charlie Aitken yet !! So now there is - certainly our best Left Back, and our best servant.  The first Autograph I ever got too....

Charlie should get a mention being the longest serving player i think! So yes he should get the best ever left back spot,.Still can't decide between Gidman and Swain though, but I also could never decide between Gray and Withe for best centre forward!

Gerry Hitchins left both Andy Gray and Peter Withe far behind when it came to being a centre forward.

Gerry Hitchins left both Andy Gray and Peter Withe far behind when it came to being a centre forward.

ok 

for me my all time back four would be:

Charlie aitken

martin laursen

paul mcgrath

john gidman

and the reserve team back four:

steve staunton

gareth southgate

olof mellberg

Kenny swain

I'd go for

Gidman

Mcgrath

Evans

Aitkin

Reserve

Swain

McNaught

Southgate

Gibson.

None of them would get in mine, Risso, though Staunton would be close.

Gidman and Swain

Williams, Gibson and Dorigo for me.

(I never saw Charlie Aitken play).

Back 4 would be  Giddy, God, Psycho and Gibbo.

John gregory was an excellent fullback and was unlucky not to get more games at villa, we just had an even better one at that time.

He was a bit of a utility player wasn't he. I think he played up front against Spurs at white hart lane when we won 4-1. One of my favourite games that because we spoilt the Argentina show!

Â