Our Best Defender Ever No Argument.

villa-revolution

Nothing to overestimate about Delaney, he was just a fine right-back - great at defending, played the calm game, hardly ever got caught out of position, good tackler, very strong and got the ball forward. Played constantly for Wales during his time here too. His career was cruelly cut short at 29.

Probably one of Gregory's best signings and only cost £ 350,000, and definitely the best right-back we've had at Villa in the last 20 years - however his contribution is enhanced somewhat by the utter dross that has followed. I thought Lowton had the potential to step up to Delaney's performances but he has gone backwards this year somewhat.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

now let me think erm.

He is probably the only player in the history of the club that could have reasonably been included in a "World eleven" 

In the early days of the football league we'd probably have our entire team  in a world eleven

now let me think erm.

He is probably the only player in the history of the club that could have reasonably been included in a "World eleven" 

In the early days of the football league we'd probably have our entire team  in a world eleven

I don't think there was a "world" then.lol

Edited by TRO

I wonder if Gary Cahill would have been a shout had MON not basically swapped him for Zat f****** Knight.  

He is a Champions League winner now.....

Edit: (Mind you, so is David May but there we go.....)

Edited by One For The Road

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Laursen

5. Ehiogu

Totally agree

"It's Alan Evans not Allan Evans" - I think it was "Allan" Electric Avenue but I guess we would both agree that he was one L of a player... 

It was definitely Allan

Disagree slightly :) I believe it deserves it's own place

1. McGrath

2. Southgate

3. Mellberg

4. Mellberg's beard

5. Laursen

• Like 1

Â