Ryan Bertrand

Didiersix

He is 3rd choice ATM, If their reported interest in Shaw is true it would seem he is on the way out. Its just to who?

I get the impression Cole is on his way but if they do buy Shaw as Cole's replacement then I agree he'd be available. Hopefully he settles in well enough here to make us his first choice should that happen.

• Like 1

I think he'll leave Chelsea, but if he performs well for us I think he'll go to someone better.

I think our only hope of securing him permanently is if he really falls for the club over the next 6 months and wants to move here. Even then, affording him will probably be a problem.

Really good debut, considering he had no time to train with the defence. I half expected him to keep being out of position (i.e. playing people on-side by being too deep, or being caught too far forward without anyone providing cover).

However, I think the biggest difference was the effect he had on Delph, who always seemed to be the player asked to cover our LB's failings over recent months. The result was that Delph had a greater impact in midfield than hs has at times, and got forward more, making it harder for their midfield to dominate, and allowed the others in our midfield and attack to hold their positions.

I think Walker was always being groomed for the starting right back role at Spurs, I just don't think Chelsea feel the same way about Bertrand as they've only used him in 2 Carling Cup games and 1 premier league game all season. My biggest worry is that he puts himself in the shop window for another team to come in for him. Southampton ( if they sold Shaw ) or Liverpool ( How bad was Cissoko for then on Saturday, horrendous ! ) would be likely suitors.

There's a lot of good English left backs around at the moment aren't there ? Cole, Baines, Gibbs, Shaw, Rose, Bertrand. Definite strength in depth there

I think Walker was always being groomed for the starting right back role at Spurs, I just don't think Chelsea feel the same way about Bertrand as they've only used him in 2 Carling Cup games and 1 premier league game all season. My biggest worry is that he puts himself in the shop window for another team to come in for him. Southampton ( if they sold Shaw ) or Liverpool ( How bad was Cissoko for then on Saturday, horrendous ! ) would be likely suitors.

There's a lot of good English left backs around at the moment aren't there ? Cole, Baines, Gibbs, Shaw, Rose, Bertrand. Definite strength in depth there

Yes good post! 

Also, the ages and stages of their careers make this a different situation too. Walker was very young when he played for us (I'm guessing circa 20).  He did not have a massive amount of big game PL experience at that stage - we gave him that.

Bertie is different. He's 24, has played a lot of games for Chelsea (incl champs league), but is not favoured by the new manager (Mourinho). I have few doubts that he'll be available in the summer, at the right price, but the danger would be the posse of clubs queueing up to get him.

£35,000 a week according to the telegraph

That's less than Delph. Sign him up!

But after Delph, Gabby and the beast its a lot more than everyone else. If it is 35 a fear he will be out of our price range :(

£35,000 a week according to the telegraph

That's less than Delph. Sign him up!

But after Delph, Gabby and the beast its a lot more than everyone else. If it is 35 a fear he will be out of our price range :(

That is so depressing if that's the case. He is quality and £35k is peanuts in this dumb league.

Â