Lambert......the plan.....the future

Hairyhands

Do you honestly believe nobody will put up £25 million for him? I can believe Spurs won't this window. Why not Arsenal? It makes sense for them.

I have it on good authority the Benteke actually rejected Spurs this summer in order to stay with us.

I would have rejected Spurs too. You can only get so much credit for getting an easy question right.

Arsenal? He could move and win the league. That's a harder one to reject. Even if he fails to win the league he gets a lot of goals and Champions League football.

I don't think Benteke will engineer a move but Villa could be offered a price they won't say no to.

We don't know whether Wenger is interested. They may or may not sign a striker to boost their title chances but Wenger is stubborn and they do have a striker with 111 German caps to his name and 46 goals who has just returned from injury.

We all assume he is leaving in the summer but which teams need him & will pay 25m+ for him

Man City Chelsea Man U & Liverpool won't buy him. Arsene won't pay 25m for him.

Bayern, real, barca, psg, juve, AC don't need him. So only Athletico & Dortmund would possibly be willing to pay 25+ for him with both costa & lewandoski both leaving.

So maybe there won't be a bidding war like we expect, possible he could stay on even longer

• Like 1

I haven't posted on this thread until now because I really wanted to work out how I felt.

Thanks for the info HH, much appreciated if mostly common knowledge to be honest. I have been one of the most critical (dumbfounded if I'm honest) with what has been happening on the pitch since the Man City luckfest. However, I've always maintained that PL should be given two and a half years minimum. This time next year should be the real assessment point (barring the real risk of relegation).

Going back over the financial restrictions imposed does give the situation a little more clarity...............BUT - my memory keeps dragging up the mind-blowingly awful football we are currently enduring. I have never seen anything this bad.

I want to believe it's an aberration on the way to better things, but It is so bad that have my doubts.

It is dreadful, the alarming thing is how consistent it is. No matter what formation or what players it's just horrible. It appears to get worse week in week out. Aston Villa are basically out of ideas.
We've also seen them play some great stuff, so I'm hoping we can turn it around, this borefest can't continue.
lambert has been in charge for about 70 games in total now, at least 55 have been bloody dreadful Edited by KHV

Do you honestly believe nobody will put up £25 million for him? I can believe Spurs won't this window. Why not Arsenal? It makes sense for them.

I have it on good authority the Benteke actually rejected Spurs this summer in order to stay with us.

I would have rejected Spurs too. You can only get so much credit for getting an easy question right.

Arsenal? He could move and win the league. That's a harder one to reject. Even if he fails to win the league he gets a lot of goals and Champions League football.

I don't think Benteke will engineer a move but Villa could be offered a price they won't say no to.

We don't know whether Wenger is interested. They may or may not sign a striker to boost their title chances but Wenger is stubborn and they do have a striker with 111 German caps to his name and 46 goals who has just returned from injury.

We all assume he is leaving in the summer but which teams need him & will pay 25m+ for him

Man City Chelsea Man U & Liverpool won't buy him. Arsene won't pay 25m for him.

Bayern, real, barca, psg, juve, AC don't need him. So only Athletico & Dortmund would possibly be willing to pay 25+ for him with both costa & lewandoski both leaving.

So maybe there won't be a bidding war like we expect, possible he could stay on even longer

Be lucky to get more than £12m at the moment. I doubt he will even go to the WC

Has Lambert basically said "back me or sack me" there? The pressure is on now for the board to deliver.

And there was me thinking all this talking up of Lerner recently was a bit silly.

Edit - **** auto-incorrect. Every bastard post.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Anyone see Lambert's press conference? He's saying practically everything HH has posted in this thread - right down to the details of eventually only having to sign 1 or 2 per window. What on Earth.

Are you honestly surprised? Hh has more than proven himself

Asked if he had been given an idea about his budget, he replied: “No, nothing like that at all.

Talks to Randy on the phone after every game,. don't you know. Presumably they discuss the weather and the latest episode of Game of Thrones rather than plans for the club.

So do Drat and Donnie still doubt HH after the press conference today? :D

It's so good having an insider on the forum. Hope some on here don't chase him away.

What's even creepier is the fact that HH posted somewhere that if people don't believe he is telling the truth with lineups and stuff that he will start 'predicting press conferences'

In fairness most people could predict PL's press conferences by just using words of one syllable.

So do Drat and Donnie still doubt HH after the press conference today? :D

It's so good having an insider on the forum. Hope some on here don't chase him away.

Experience has taught us that there are a lot of 'insider' types on VT. It is unusual for one of them to contribute though.

• Like 1

Has HH responded to the question about the academy players? Interested to hear his views on that.

He's said that there are some decent players but that they're not ready for the first team yet, especially seeing as we're in a relegation battle, if that answers 'the question'.