Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Alex McLeish will be back in work soon. His reputation increases with every game that Lambert presides over. He really was no worse. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Paul Lambert you may be a nice man, you may be able to convince people you talk to you are a good manager but seriously you aren't. Just leave just go let avfc enter the next chapter of it's very long and illustrious life without you. You are no better than some of the poorest managers we gave suffered before like tuner like Mcleish like dr joe etc . Thank you for you efforts but you ain't up to this job matey so see you and good bye . Ps take those ducking idiots cilverhouse etc with you - thanks and cheers

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert: "It's a game we would have loved to have won. We're only 18 months into this project so there's a long, long way to go but that's a positive. When you're without some big players it's hard for us. I can't praise the lads enough for their effort.

"We are sitting not too bad at the moment. Last year was the toughest I have ever encountered, the results were horrendous. We knew we had to stick with it, and we never flinched from it and will not do so again."

If we lose the next three, which is very possible, he will, and so will any of us that defend him, have a problem trying to convince that the project is still not doing so bad.

To be honest mate I think the problem is already there

Alex McLeish will be back in work soon. His reputation increases with every game that Lambert presides over. He really was no worse.

As much as I hate to agree with you, it's very difficult to argue against that comment. This is the worst football, if you can call it that, that I have ever witnessed as a Villa fan. Will Vlaar and Benteke really make such a difference when they return? I'm not sure.

Why didn't this man sign some experience in the summer? We were lucky to avoid the drop last year and the year before. We lack experience. Every side in the PL has it. Wenger has 30+ year olds at arsenal. United still player 30+ players, one 40+. City do. Chelsea do. Everton. Everyone.

This '5 year plan' is utter BS. The wage bi has dropped. We are signing cheaper players (Benteke and kozak aside) an paying cheaper wages. It's all to squeeze in finances. What's the point in signing all these young guys? If any of them turn out decent we will just sell 'em on and be back to square one. I honestly feel the plan is to sign cheap and try sell on for a higher value, then refuse to invest the fees into signing real proven quality and we go out and try find a other gem.

Benteke was a top find (form aside), but it's not like it was only us looking at him, vlaar is solid (as these last weeks have shown without him) besides that none of his signs screaming out to me. Kozak is a tool. Westwood poor, very poor mans carrick, Luna... Well. Bennett? Tonev, Bacuna, Bowery. Just not good enough. Not even palace would want half of em.

Let bent go and signing kozak makes 0 sense.

The football is shocking. Embarrassing to be honest. We create F all. Even when we score I feel it's pure luck.....

I hate the word project, it doesn't even mean anything. In fact, what it probably means when a board spouts out 'project, project, project' is just the PR machine brainwashing people into thinking it acceptable to produce some of the worst football we've ever seen, in the hope that one day it might get better. 

I'm not liking the Paul Lambert regime but there's a bit of 'short memory' syndrome creeping in here. Let's not forget just how BAD it was to watch McLeish's football. My level of despair now is NOTHING on what it was then. And Lambert's record is still far better than his.

Things are dire but let's not even BEGIN to suggest that it's as bad as it was under McLeish. Granted it isn't loads better, but the McLeish era was a whole unique brand of shite.

• Like 1

I hate the word project, it doesn't even mean anything. In fact, what it probably means when a board spouts out 'project, project, project' is just the PR machine brainwashing people into thinking it acceptable to produce some of the worst football we've ever seen, in the hope that one day it might get better. 

Yes. It is like other managers don't have the intention of progressing their respective teams over the coming years.

I'm not liking the Paul Lambert regime but there's a bit of 'short memory' syndrome creeping in here. Let's not forget just how BAD it was to watch McLeish's football. My level of despair now is NOTHING on what it was then. And Lambert's record is still far better than his.

Things are dire but let's not even BEGIN to suggest that it's as bad as it was under McLeish. Granted it isn't loads better, but the McLeish era was a whole unique brand of shite.

I think the 'short memory' comes from those who post things like this. The last few games have been as bad as anything under McLeish. 

It doesn't take loads of investment to succeed IMO. It takes WISE investment to succeed. Just ask Everton and Newcastle fans.

No point in me asking Newcastle fans as i can't for the life of me understand what they are saying

Have you watched us play under Lambert for the majority of this season? Its the same boring shite Mcleish served up.

I wonder in his quiet moments, if Lambert wishes he didn't fall out with Norwich and stayed at Carrow Road. How happy he is with the massive gap between budget and fan expectation? Does he know what he let himself in for? Does he know what he is doing? The season is on a tightrope now. A few more bad wins and it is total brown trousers time.

Guys were not Premiership managers but surely its all about the scouting. Who is finding these players. No doubt there are gems out there. A good scout can surely find 5-10 mil players who may have something special. Whoever had been scouting Luna, Lowton, Westwood and thought even Tonev had anything should be fired and if they did show signs of quality, we should be blaming Lambert for not getting it out of them. My personal priority would have been at least a big guy for midfiield, not all this light weight shite.

The way I see it, you can blame Lerner all you want, but this is Lamberts team Lamberts problem period!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys were not Premiership managers but surely its all about the scouting. Who is finding these players. No doubt there are gems out there. A good scout can surely find 5-10 mil players who may have something special. Whoever had been scouting Luna, Lowton, Westwood and thought even Tonev had anything should be fired and if they did show signs of quality, we should be blaming Lambert for not getting it out of them. My personal priority would have been at least a big guy for midfiield, not all this light weight shite.

The way I see it, you can blame Lerner all you want, but this is Lamberts team Lamberts problem period!!!!!!!!!!!

But we are not spending 5-10m per player. Lambert has had to build a squad with 40m (16 players) and then fill this with the average crap from our youth team (Baker, Wiemann).

In a way I feel slightly sorry for him because had vlaar, okore and benteke stayed fit we'd probably be doing much better.

Unfortunately those injuries have now made it obvious that the players he's signed are complete garbage and he's also been shown up in terms of tactics and coaching.

• Like 2

But we are not spending 5-10m per player. Lambert has had to build a squad with 40m (16 players) and then fill this with the average crap from our youth team (Baker, Wiemann).

Why did he have to? He could have kept Stevens, Lichaj, Delfouneso, Hutton ( still paying him ), Bannan, Ireland ( still paying him ), etc. Yes, they're all bad, but has he bought any better? He didn't have to buy 16 players imo. 

• Like 2

And if we sack him, who do the clowns in charge bring in?  The grass isn't always greener on the other side and I don't trust Lerner and Faulkner with making a good appointment especially with our financial status.  Lambert got us out of the shit last year with more or less the same squad so at least he has a proven track record.

He sure has.