Why Paul Lambert should get the sack

Jonoridge91

Howard Hodgson ‏@HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets5m

Just had it confirmed by PF, Lambert will remain in his position for the long term. They are loathed to sack another manager. #paingoeson

Expand

Excellant news.am glad we are trying to achieve a long term goal and not just swapping managers every couple of seasons   :)

And we are suppose to rely on this as ITK? Hmmmm BTW that is the son not the father.

What's your issue with the crebility then? you don't think he spoke to PF or that PF would tell him?

To answer your question I would be surprised if PF would discuss the possibility of replacing the manager with a fan wherever he sits in the ground.

HH claims to sit in the directors' box, I have no idea whether he does or even if you can. Based on what he used to tweet I would be sceptical anyway. Just my opinion of course and more than happy to be proved wrong

Harry

I don't know whether PF said this, but HH jnr does sit in the directors box and I am almost certain that a former VT ITK was fed stuff by PF so I wouldn't be at all surprised. All that said even if PF said this, so what? It is only what I would expect the CEO to say. However if he said the reverse it would be totally unprofessional.

Yes just checked that's right. Must have misread it from sky.

Slightly better than first thought then.

Played: 38

Won: 6

Draw: 14

Lost: 18

Scored: 30

Conceded: 68

Points; 32

Played: 37

Won: 11

Draw: 10

Lost: 16

Scored: 50

Conceded: 55

Points; 43

Edited by lmarsha_926

I'm not for chopping and changing all the time and I do feel sorry for Lambert because he's had to go to poundland when the previous managers were shopping in Marks & Spencer. However, I have never witnessed such inept and dire football in my life. Honestly, I thought it was bad watching McLeish's team but this is even worse than that! I really don't know what I want to happen. On one hand I think it could be even worse for us if we sack Lambert, because we'd have to pay him and his staff off and then employ a new bunch to work with the same shite. But, on the other hand, I really cannot see how we can get better. The only way I see us staying up is by other teams being worse than us, as we look beyond improvement right now. I can't even see how Vlaar and Benteke can make much difference, we're that bad! I would like Lambert to succeed but I honestly doubt he can. Hairyhands quoted his 5 year plan to us on here. Well, if the rumours are true about Lerner, where does that leave this 5 year plan? If I bought Villa for £250m I would damn well make sure that I did my homework on them first. Based on that alone, my first act as owner would be to find a new manager. Surely Lambert would think that way too?

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

Ive found another reason to sack Lambert. Reading through this forum it seems almost all the players brought in by Lambert obviously bar 1 or 2 are being played in a position they are not used to. Take Bacuna for example, then Ive read Tonev is not a winger and Luna not a left back. Why would you but players critical to there positions and then imediately play then out of position. Ahhh, so is this why the football is shite at the moment!

the plan was a five year project.

year one - strip away all the rubbish who were on big money. lower the overall wage bill. lower the age of the squad by bringing in younger players who could develop, get better and increase in value at the same time (instead of signing guys for big money who teams don't even want for free)

year two - finish off what was trying to achieve in year one. plus bring the younger players on. think the manager wanted a little more experience in there but that could still happen. And as much as he didn't think the team would do miles better the plan was to avoid the drama of a relegation battle.

year three - inject a little bit of additional quality. instead of having to buy five or six players then focus on one of two quality players. and remember the younger guys are now in their third season in the top flight and should be much better.

and so it continues.......

did you read the manager's quotes the other day about being miles away from where he wants to take the club?

Fecking brilliant - 5 year plan with a manager on a 3 year contract - he will bomb us once he has dropped us in the shite!

It's been awful no one can deny that. How much different would it be if Lambert could bring in some quality players?

..............guzan...............

Lowton.....vlaar....okore......quality lb

...........quality DM......delph......

................quality am............

Quality winger...benteke......gabby....

I think if he was allowed to sign some quality in key areas it would obviously make a massive difference. I won't be upset if he's sacked but at the same time when I think about it I'd still like to see what he could do if he was given proper backing.

• Like 3

Who was it saying Lowton etc are on 10k a week? All of his new signings are on around that. If that is the case, where is the rest of the money? All the high earners are gone, Hutton and Nzog is all that are left. The wage bill must have been lowered by 80% if it is true that they are on around 10k each.

I dont believe any of this ITK stuff anymore, I will believe stuff when i see it. I highly doubt anyone connected to Villa would discuss with a fan in the directors area what the plan is with Lambert's future either.

5 year plan? That will change every season, we had a 5 year plan under MON didn't we? That worked out well.

Edited by AndyM3000

Who was it saying Lowton etc are on 10k a week? All of his new signings are on around that. If that is the case, where is the rest of the money? All the high earners are gone, Hutton and Nzog is all that are left. The wage bill must have been lowered by 80% if it is true that they are on around 10k each.

I dont believe any of this ITK stuff anymore, I will believe stuff when i see it. I highly doubt anyone connected to Villa would discuss with a fan in the directors area what the plan is with Lambert's future either.

5 year plan? That will change every season, we had a 5 year plan under MON didn't we? That worked out well.

All the money is going to Lerner, so he doesn't lose out on his mistakes, his bad decisions and his errors, you can certainly see how this man has links with credit cards. Come the end of his tenure, Aston Villa will have suffered, but he will have a healthy profit even though his decisions were the cause of the problem.

I am going to stick my neck out here and say that we the fans have to stick with PL. The guy killing our club is LERNER!

In very recent times like many I have been very critical of PL and even now find it very hard to defend him, especially after the last two games.

BUT when the game started today I looked at the 1st 11 and the subs and actually felt sorry for him. We didn't even have one outfield defender on the bench: El Ahmadi, Helenius, Albrighton, Steer, Sylla, Bowery, Kozák

Lambert maybe stupidly decided to leave Norwich and take on the AVFC challenge. He inherited a dysfunctional squad which included Collins, Warnock, Dunne, Hutton, Makoun and lazy ***** like Ireland and Bent. Our best GK; Guzan had been released. He inherited the useless Holman a Mcleish signing and too cap it all sadly there was no prospect of our team captain Petrov coming back.

His first jobs were to get rid of the big earners, cut the wage bill, then find sufficient players quickly to make up our depleted squad while working within an imposed wage cap and limited transfer budget. Dempsey turned us down for Fulham (low wages) and we signed a bunch of lower league/foreign players. As I have said maybe he was stupid to take on the job but most wanted him and didn't realise the constraints he had agreed to.

OGS had been warned off Villa by Ferguson who obviously knew Lerner was mandating that costs had to be cut (too) quickly. Martinez turned us down (twice) when he heard the deal being offered and preferred Everton who hadn't imposed such ridiculous financial constraints.

I may regret this but I am going to start supporting Lambert again because he accepted the poisoned chalice when others wouldn't and hope (maybe against hope) that he can turn this mess around.

LERNER OUT!!!!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

We do seem to be heading in the wrong direction under Lambert, after a promising middle period. When we played Swansea at home last season, we were superb and took the game to them and actually looked decent. Since then, Lambert has bought in more of his own players and so we play them a year later and find ourselves played off the park, scraping a draw somehow. The players who have left the club (Ireland, Bent, Bannan and co) were not great don't get me wrong, but the ones bought in to replace them, are shocking. Lambert's fault. My only defense of not getting rid of him, is the next manager will want another long transition period. We've had that same story for the past 3 and half years, don't think I could stand yet another transition period. Give him the January transfer window, back him and some more time hopefully fixing things on the training ground, then if we only scrape through the season playing rubbish football,  sack him.

Just one thing for those talking up Laudrup:

Laudrup has been in Swansea as long as Lambert has been in Aston Villa. He took over a team that finishes 11 in the 2011/2012 who had a stable foundation in the playing style after Rodgers. Laudrup has the same philosophy as Rodgers, so the transition is quite smooth. As opposed to Lambert, who took over after McLeish and had to cut costs and rebuilt. 

And Laudrup has managed to get one more point than Lambert this season.

BTW, this summer Laudrup paid 12 million pounds for Bony and 5 mill for Shelvey.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I say we give Lambert the season to get things right. And Lerner must spend some money!!

• Like 2

BUT when the game started today I looked at the 1st 11 and the subs and actually felt sorry for him. We didn't even have one outfield defender on the bench: El Ahmadi, Helenius, Albrighton, Steer, Sylla, Bowery, Kozák

I'm sorry Mike, but who signed that lot? El Ahmadi isn't up to the PL. Helenius doesn't seem to be rated by the bloke who bought him. Sylla seems to have gone backwards. Bowery, I'm calling shenanigans on - the new Ali Dia - we'll find out in the future that Lambert was duped into buying him. Kozak has scored some goals, but I really don't think we needed him; he can't play the Benteke role which is the reason he was purchased and the money would've been better spent on a CM.

I know Lambert has wage & transfer fee restrictions, but I don't believe the money spent on that lot couldn't have been spent better.

• Like 2

Agree about Lerner.

He is slowly killing the club. However Lambert is the one responsible for who he has bought, setting the team up and the way we play.

Seeing us play aimless long balls time after time for 90 minutes is totally unacceptable for a premier league club.

Im watching the game again on football first and its even more pathetic than i remember from being at VP earlier. We win the ball back and just boot it upfield and its been like this for months.

Lambert and his team are not doing their job properly im afraid and this hoof ball shouldnt just be accepted.

• Like 1

Just one thing for those talking up Laudrup:

Laudrup has been in Swansea as long as Lambert has been in Aston Villa. He took over a team that finishes 11 in the 2011/2012 who had a stable foundation in the playing style after Rodgers. Laudrup has the same philosophy as Rodgers, so the transition is quite smooth. As opposed to Lambert, who took over after McLeish and had to cut costs and rebuilt. 

And Laudrup has managed to get one more point than Lambert this season.

BTW, this summer Laudrup paid 12 million pounds for Bony and 5 mill for Shelvey.

Not saying I am happy with the situation, but I say we give Lambert the season to get things right. And Lerner must spend some money!!

...and won the League Cup and guided them into the last 32 of the Europa League through a tricky group