The R word

villanwesty88

The chances of us losing to Fulham AND palace are negligible

For a normal team, we are not normal. Plus the last time we played like this, we didn't win in 5. By that point we would be closer to the bottom.

Palace winning against Chelsea.

Not sure what you mean by "played like this". We were shocking against Palace but we were nowhere near that bad today.

What do you think it means Mantis? You never seem to know what anything means.

For a normal team, we are not normal. Plus the last time we played like this, we didn't win in 5. By that point we would be closer to the bottom.

Not sure what you mean by "played like this". We were shocking against Palace but we were nowhere near that bad today.

You didn't answer my question.

Not sure what you mean by "played like this". We were shocking against Stoke but we were nowhere near that bad today.

Yeah I agree with Mantis. We were proper shit against Palace and just shit against Man U. Wish for more just slightly shit games and we will stay up???

You didn't answer my question.

You don't know what it means, work it out and come back to me.

I don't think we'll go down, but once again we're depending teams being worse than us, and all of the time we're playing shit and getting shit results.  How and why is it ever going to improve under Lambert?

Edited by Risso
  • Like 1

I meant to say Stoke, not Palace. That was my fault.

You could at least explain your point of view. How we played over Christmas or against Stoke were quite a bit different to how we played today.

How and why is it ever going to improve under Lambert?

It's not. Unless you're one of these that think we're doing just fine

Typical VT black and white thinking - if you don't think we're doing shit then you must think we're doing fine. There's no middle ground.

As it stand now if Sunderland win on Monday they're only six points behind us with a game in hand once that game has been played. The next team is Palace they are only four points behind.

As it stand now if Sunderland win on Monday they're only six points behind us with a game in hand once that game has been played. The next team is Palace they are only four points behind.

Their game in hand is against City away though.

Edited by Mantis

Typical VT black and white thinking - if you don't think we're doing shit then you must think we're doing fine. There's no middle ground.

If you don't think we're doing shit you've lost your marbles 

You could at least explain your point of view. How we played over Christmas or against Stoke were quite a bit different to how we played today.

You're the one who chose a tiny bit of text and used it to make a point.

Today I lost five pounds

Today I lost five pounds but gained ten pounds.

In your eyes I lost ten pounds.

STOP picking out small pieces.

"The last time we played this badly....." - today? last week? next week?

"The last time we played this badly, we didn't win for give games" - Over a period.

Edited by dodgyknees

Their game in hand is against City away though.

Realistically though that will just be one of eight games left they have left to play doesn't really matter which one you call their game in hand. But seriously I don't think they'll catch us, I hope not anyway.

Yeah because insulting someone because they don't agree with you is an excellent defence of your point.

Today I lost five pounds

"The last time we played this badly, we didn't win for give games" - Over a period.

I just don't know how you can compare today's performance with some of the shit over Christmas.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah because insulting someone because they don't agree with you is an excellent defence of your point.

Insulting ?

Today I lost five pounds

I just don't know how you can compare today's performances with some of the shit over Christmas.

Because results wise and performance wise, it is comparable.

Insulting ?

I would class saying somebody has "lost their marbles" just because they don't agree with you as an insult.

How (and this is what I was asking you earlier)?

Edited by Mantis

I would class saying somebody has "lost their marbles" just because they don't agree with you as an insult.

bloody hell, you must be quite a precious flower if you consider that an insult.

I just don't know how you can compare today's performance with some of the shit over Christmas.

we've just lost 4-1 to the worst Man Utd side I can recall. and they didn't even have to break sweat to do it. 

Edited by Ulver
  • Like 1

Insulting ?

How (and this is what I was asking you earlier)?

Because back then we lost 2-0 to Fulham, 3-0 to Man United, 2-1 to Stoke, 1-0 to Palace and drew 1-1 with Swansea.

We have just lost 4-1 to Stoke, 4-1 to a poor Man United, we have Fulham and Palace next - both beat us quite easily before - and then Southampton at home and Swansea away. If we follow the same line in form as we did when we last played this badly, things will not be too good come the end of April.