• El Ahmadi
    • Sylla
    • Benteke
    • Albrigthon
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for Sylla 62)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 79)
    • Bacuna (for El Ahmadi 86)

On a lighter note we had to eat at the ground for once and my son described his experience at VP today as 'Like going to a crap restaurant where you watch some people in claret and blue fumbling around with a ball'

• Like 1

I'm not interested in the positives or the negatives.

I'm interested in a few honest answers....what the **** is going on?

We deserve better than this from this **** "gravy train" we are ALL buying in to.

PS what really bothers me is some of the current crop of Villa Fans have known nothing else but this pathetic attempt at presenting opposition to the likes of Manchester Utd. Can some one tell them this is not the standards that have been commensurate with Aston Villa Football Club.

PPS ...we have had managers who have made a better attempt at taking them on.... despite the boring subject of having a disadvantage with money.

• Like 3

As said over the summer - we have one of the worst midfields in premiership history imo. We have many issues, but this is the main one and until it is rectified (which will take a hell of a lot of time/money imo because we literally have nobody who is good enough), then the other issues will not be sorted. Our defence is crap because it is woefully exposed. Our attack doesn't score because we have no creativity. We get totally dominated every time I watch a game in midfield. So So poor. 

One of the easiest teams to play against away from home in the premiership and we have been for many years.

8 1/2 hours of my life that I wont get back.

Edited by Woodytom

Shocking today. Started well but fell away badly. They contained us easily and it could have been a lot worse.

Still we've bought bargain bucket so are getting bargain bucket performances. No surprise really, I think Paul Lambert has done well to keep us in the premier league last season and we're 11th at the moment. Players like Weimann, Westwood and Benteke are not performing like they did last season. Thing is though although we struggled last season , we at least played some good football or tried to. This season we have pretty much been shite.

Could be worse, we could have spent a fortune and been mullered 5-0 at home ;-)

THIS CLUB NEEDS CHANGE.. we have the worst home record of scoring goals in all 4 leagues, this is lamberts team,the policy of young hungry players who match villa fans dna.. the two players who were hungry today were not lambert signings!

were no fools ,its not working,this team is poor,as poor as i have seen & lamberts coaching team carnt made these players into top Premier League players

im not sure what needs to change to be honest..manager-policy-owner etc but something needs too,fans in high % have had enough

• Like 2

I can't see us improving enough to satisfy the fans. Gradual improvement like this might keep us in league just about but year after year we are falling light years behind the top 6 or 7 clubs. Ok were 11th at the moment but anyone who thinks we aint piss poor is blind

There were lots of things wrong again today and I don't want to be specific but one thing that truly baffles me is how on earth has Bowery not only cemented a place in the squad but why is he always on the bench ? He's come from the depths of league 2 with a crap scoring record to getting a fixed place on our bench. That is just wrong.

• Like 1

There were lots of things wrong again today and I don't want to be specific but one thing that truly baffles me is how on earth has Bowery not only cemented a place in the squad but why is he always on the bench ? He's come from the depths of league 2 with a crap scoring record to getting a fixed place on our bench. That is just wrong.

he's the next big thing. Didn't you know??

The next four games really are important, in that I think they may indicate the sort of performances we can expect over the remainder of the season.

And, make no mistake, if the team does not improve massively we will have a relegation fight on our hands.

If you take a look at how the teams under us are performing, they are playing better than we are.

As I have said before, some freak results have hoisted us into a rather false position which belies the poor standard of our play.

As for the match, Albrighton gets MOM for being average but still better than the rest.

And why could Lambert not see that Luna was being hung out to dry up against two players - Valencia probably MOM - and get a midfielder to help him.

A few thoughts.

Positives: Albrighton looked half decent today which is encouraging, as I'd written him off completely. Hopefully he can build some momentum as our best moments (which were few and far between) involved him. Lowton didn't look too bad to me either.

Negatives: Near enough everybody else. Baker is worrying me. He makes these lunging tackles that win the ball and look good on the eye, but he costs us so many goals by poor decision making and positional sense. I could see that mistake coming a mile off for the second goal, and so could Valencia.

Benteke was poor again which again is very worrying. Didn't expect anything from a midfield that contained Westwood, Sylla and El Ahmadi to be fair. Gone are the days when we had Petrov and Barry/Milner. The gulf in class is ridiculous. We let Giggs and Cleverley completely boss it today.

Lambert fills me with zero confidence, from his formation to his team selection. We had no plan to stop Rooney today, and did nothing about Valencia ripping Luna apart 3 or 4 times in the first half an hour. I'm not quite sure what sort of coaching gets done in the week, but I saw no improvement from the pathetic performance last week. Villa park is an easy place to come for opponents these days, we carry no threat at all and look completely devoid of ideas. Lambert bought the players in the summer, this is his team, and they are simply not good enough.

Edited by Hanky
  • Like 1

Did anyone expect anything else today??....well yeah I did actually, I thought it would be 0-4.

This season I think will take the same course as last...start okay, poor festive period, as usual, then a decent finish, only we're that bit better this season.

I know we appear to have gone backwards from the end of last season but we have another load of new, raw players trying to settle in.

Okore getting injured has been massive, I think he was the one player who would have made a huge difference to us.

Okore & vlaar at the centre of defence.

See?...just saying that sentence makes u feel more confident.

It's unfortunate we have had to rely on baker & clarke again. These two are both good paired with vlaar but together just look shaky at best

Lambert fills me with zero confidence, from his formation to his team selection. We had no plan to stop Rooney today, and did nothing about Valencia ripping Luna apart 3 or 4 times in the first half an hour. I'm not quite sure what sort of coaching gets done in the week, but I saw no improvement from the pathetic performance last week. Villa park is an easy place to come for opponents these days, we carry no threat at all and look completely devoid of ideas. Lambert bought the players in the summer, this is his team, and they are simply not good enough.

That is exactly where I am, seriously doubting Lambert. I totally get the budget constraints. At minimum I expected a well drilled difficult to beat team. In really we have got this powder puff side who if they are not giving the ball to the opposition are passing the ball aimlessly around midfield. Buck stops with Lambert. I'm sorry to say I think he is out of his depth.

• Like 1

Â