• El Ahmadi
    • Sylla
    • Benteke
    • Albrigthon
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for Sylla 62)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 79)
    • Bacuna (for El Ahmadi 86)

More points than last season, rescued more points from losing positions than last season, key players injured and out of form, but people still moan.

Did anyone honestly expect a win today?

Yes Man U weren't missing any players either and were on a terrific run of form coming into the game.

Apart from the first ten minutes we were bloody awful again but I guess that's down to the home fans, referee, or as someone else stated in the Lambert thread the F.A.

Our defence were abysmal today. Something is clearly wrong with Baker - it's not just the ball watching - he looks like he is stuck in treacle when he runs. Very worrying that Lambert didn't see fit to include Herd or Donacien on the bench either. We were a Clark injury away from total annihalation.

That said while I'm disappointed at the defensive side of our game at least we tried to do the right thing going forward rather than just hoof and hope. We actually had more shots than them and while that's pretty worthless in the end it's a big difference to how we have been going in the past 6 weeks or so. The fact that our forwards are currently utterly inept is not helping at all.

Albrighton was superb and showed what we have been missing in terms of running at the opposition and making crosses in from wide areas. 

As expected another home defeat to manure. Only this time they are mid table and in the middle of their worst run in years. And we still bend over and lube up.

I said yesterday that they could have another air disaster and be forced to field a team of **** tea ladies and they'd still beat us.

Its not just the constant defeats its the mind numbing predictability.

I hate this fixture. 18 years of bollocks that doesn't looklike ending.

Ever.

• Like 1

Let's make no mistake we ARE in free fall this current squad IS the in my time as a fan the worst I've known I hate all this couner attacking bollox I for one wouldn't expect barca style I mean look at everton FFs they av started playing some great stuff and won't change style again if we're gonna lose at least lose trying to play the game how it should be played I would **** lambert off and source a manager who wants to play football enough is enough albrighton should defo stay in the first team aswell yet you watch we won't see him next match we am playing the worst style in the prem ATM I'm so **** off right now

Lambert **** resign

Gotta be some manager in a shit league who only plays a better style no matter what who would come in

Our defence were abysmal today. Something is clearly wrong with Baker - it's not just the ball watching - he looks like he is stuck in treacle when he runs. Very worrying that Lambert didn't see fit to include Herd or Donacien on the bench either. We were a Clark injury away from total annihalation.

That said while I'm disappointed at the defensive side of our game at least we tried to do the right thing going forward rather than just hoof and hope. We actually had more shots than them and while that's pretty worthless in the end it's a big difference to how we have been going in the past 6 weeks or so. The fact that our forwards are currently utterly inept is not helping at all.

Albrighton was superb and showed what we have been missing in terms of running at the opposition and making crosses in from wide areas. 

Herd was injured.

• Like 1

Guzan: 5 - beaten at his near post

Lowton: 5 - has stopped getting fwd as much, better than Bacuna though

Baker: 3 - gets worse each game

Clark: 5 - average but not dreadful

Luna: 3 - you'd be better off with a furby at left back - needs more midfield protection though

Sylla: 4 - Useless most of the time

Westwood: 5 - Gave it a good go

KEA: 5 - Also worked hard

Albrighton: 7 - best player by a mile, ran, crossed and attacked

Gabby: 5 - Industry but no end product

Benteke: 0 - On this form there is just no point him being on the pitch

Subs all 4.

That seems about right for me

Never really expected to get anything out of the game but after an encouraging start, stupid errors knocked the stuffing out of us

Luna and Baker were very poor, although neither looked match fit.  Luna needed some support dealing with Valencia who is a class act

KEA and Sylla gave effort but are not in the same class as even a below-par MU midfield

It wasn't a particularly effective performance from Westwood, but all credit to him for not hiding - I thought he was always looking for the ball, just not able to do much when he got it

Albrighton our best player by turning in a generally average perfromance

Gabby tried hard but perhaps a more disciplned performance would have helped the team

Benteke very very poor again. It's world cup year so I can't buy into the no interest theory more like no confidence

Kozak showed briefly when coming on

Vlaar and Delph badly missed

Weimann has had a shake-up and hopefully will be back to something like against Stoke

Not to worry eh VillaCas we're still improving.

• Like 1

More points than last season, rescued more points from losing positions than last season, key players injured and out of form, but people still moan.

Yes Man U weren't missing any players either and were on a terrific run of form coming into the game.

Apart from the first ten minutes we were bloody awful again but I guess that's down to the home fans, referee, or as someone else stated in the Lambert thread the F.A.

Some fans will blame anyone and anything but the inept manager.

• Like 1

Let's make no mistake we ARE in free fall this current squad IS the in my time as a fan the worst I've known I hate all this couner attacking bollox I for one wouldn't expect barca style I mean look at everton FFs they av started playing some great stuff and won't change style again if we're gonna lose at least lose trying to play the game how it should be played I would **** lambert off and source a manager who wants to play football enough is enough albrighton should defo stay in the first team aswell yet you watch we won't see him next match we am playing the worst style in the prem ATM I'm so **** off right now

Lambert **** resign

Gotta be some manager in a shit league who only plays a better style no matter what who would come in

Huh?

2 defeats in 7 games is not freefall.

Villa are yet again the absolute joke of the league. 
Never try, always roll over. 

We never help another team out by actually playing football. 

We scrap wins out of nowhere (Southampton, Man City) that we don't deserve. 
And games where we should try, we just don't bother. 
It's been a bag of wack since MON left and I'm personally done with it. 

Lambert out, Lerner out, take the useless squad with you. 

• Like 1

We are talking about the most important two .. without Vlaar we are championship defence .. without Delph the same thing .. and apart from Gabby .. our attackers are in a sleep ..

Man Utd have a huge squad .. we only have few ... against Fulham .. I wouldnt give excuses if Bennett was there .. but we didnt have a proper LB which led Lambert to do a huge mistake ..

• Like 1

How is KEA still getting game time ?

I was just typing this as you posted that

KEA once again over 90 minutes had no effect on the game, he must have played in 30+ games for us now and has been anonymous in most of them, the only player you can liken him to is mark kinsella. Just don't see what he brings to us

• Like 2

Lambert **** resign

Huh?

2 defeats in 7 games is not freefall.

If they offered me a choice of Lambert or McLeish right now then I would have to think SERIOUSLY hard and that says it all !

A team full of mediocrity - most not good enough for the Premiership - and a playing style that is positively sleep inducing.

• Like 1

Seems Benteke can hardly even control a ball anymore, Albrighton was very lively. We started very well. One thing we need to remember is that it seems we have hardly ever had our full squad available for games. Okore, Vlaar, Delph and a firing Benteke and some of those touches would have been goals.

Â