• El Ahmadi
    • Sylla
    • Benteke
    • Albrigthon
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for Sylla 62)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 79)
    • Bacuna (for El Ahmadi 86)

Not to worry eh VillaCas we're still improving.

Are we better than under McL - yes

Are we in a better position than this time last season - yes

Am I happy with a defeat today - obviously not

If Lambert had had the money to spend that say MON had, I'd be disappointed but as it is I feel he is doing all he can with the resources available to him

Glad you've found something to brighten your day though

• Like 1

If Lambert had had the money to spend that say MON had, I'd be disappointed but as it is I feel he is doing all he can with the resources available to him

Just accept that people aren't happy with the team will you. It's like last year all over again, people are going to be cheesed off Edited by Giro
  • Like 1

As usual, we play a team that are on a bad run and we bend over for them, failing to capitalise. It's a strange feeling. I know that most of us didn't expect to beat Utd, but it's not the first time that we've let a chance like this slide, and that's what makes it sting. It wouldn't have felt so bad if we'd have hammered Fulham last week, but that was another chance we had that we threw away. The home form really is a worry, and if we fail to beat Crystal Palace, then a lot of questions are going to be asked. A good home form is the foundation of a successful team, and we really have to sort it out. It's not the loss here that is so hard to take, it's that fact that it's just intensified several issues that desperately need to be addressed. Albrighton was, by a massive amount, MOTM today. The best chances that we had came via him, and he replaced Delph today in terms of being one of the few players that looked to do something positive whenever he had the ball. We need Vlaar back desperately, and I'll be very worried about our Xmas period if he's out for the entirety. 

In terms of what we can take from this that's positive; If Albrighton builds on what he did today, we could have a pretty handy player there when it comes to getting the ball in the box for the big lads to attack. Whether he's one dimensional or not, if he can keep putting crosses in like he did today, we might actually be able to make use of having some big strikers up front. Apart from that, Weimann, to me, always seems like he's more effective coming off the bench that starting games (at the moment, at least). Perhaps it's better to have Albrighton in his place and use Weimann as an impact sub for a little while until he finds his form again. 

We might aswell give gardener a game can't do any worse

Maybe he can dig us out of this rut and plant a few crosses on Benteke's head.

We don't have a cm with a decent shot or can pick a pass so teams jus let us have it in the final 3rd cos we can't do anything with the ball

They were marginally the better team, I thought 3-0 flattered them slightly but they deserved to win, they took their chances and we planted a succession of weak shots into De Gea's midriff. Once they had the scoring patch the rest of the game was a bit of a non-event. On another day any of Evra, De Gea and Wellbeck could have been sent off, but this is Man Utd (and even if it wasn't, they'd each have been harsh) - ultimately, a team with a budget three times ours beat us - this is the Premier league.

Albrighton looked lively, Gabby was okay, Baker and Lowton were reasonable, Benteke was appalling, Sylla can't pass a ball and Luna defends very poorly.

If we can get two central midfielders, a left back, a right sided forward and a centre half in the January window we'll be fine - probably. 

• Like 1

super marc did well,the rest are clueless,hard to see how PL can improve the midfield unless RL funds better players

utd were no great shakes,why did PL let the midfield not press or close down? glad this my last ST as im fed up of watching this lot.

No we are not better than under McLeish.

We are slipping from that much lauded position of mid table.

The improvement which you have defended Lambert with has stopped  and I'll ask you the same question again which you have continually failed to answer.

Do you think that no other manager could have purchased better players than Lambert?

They were marginally the better team, I thought 3-0 flattered them slightly but they deserved to win, they took their chances and we planted a succession of weak shots into De Gea's midriff. Once they had the scoring patch the rest of the game was a bit of a non-event. On another day any of Evra, De Gea and Wellbeck could have been sent off, but this is Man Utd (and even if it wasn't, they'd each have been harsh) - ultimately, a team with a budget three times ours beat us - this is the Premier league.

Albrighton looked lively, Gabby was okay, Baker and Lowton were reasonable, Benteke was appalling, Sylla can't pass a ball and Luna defends very poorly.

If we can get two central midfielders, a left back, a right sided forward and a centre half in the January window we'll be fine - probably. 

Sorry OBE but to say that the scoreline flattered them is as ludicrous as saying they were marginally the better team.

They were a class above us and allowed us to play in front of them more in the second half due to taking their foot off the gas realizing that we carried no threat.

• Like 2

No we are not better than under McLeish - Yes we are

We are slipping from that much lauded position of mid table. - Well we're not are we. We were 11th before and are still 11th so that's the same. You ridicule the 'much-lauded' mid-table position. Where exactly do you think we should be given the minimal resources employed

The improvement which you have defended Lambert with has stopped  For the moment yes, as I've told you many many times, I don't ever expect that we will have a seamless rise up the table. It will be hard and It probably won't feature many wins against top four clubs. If you are expecting world class performances from average footballers you destined to be very disappointed and I'll ask you the same question again which you have continually failed to answer. ????????

Do you think that no other manager could have purchased better players than Lambert? Who knows. If it makes you happy let's say YES. The kind of money we are willing to pay buys average players I'm afraid. Lets hope we are backed with a bit of cash to bring in more quality in January (last January PL was given enough money to buy Sylla You'll remember)

Sorry OBE but to say that the scoreline flattered them is as ludicrous as saying they were marginally the better team.

They were a class above us and allowed us to play in front of them more in the second half due to taking their foot off the gas realizing that we carried no threat.

It's not meant as a compliment to us in fairness - we could have been a couple up by the time they scored. I'm not sure they had more more than they showed us, what they showed us was better than we had, but I don't think there was a huge amount in it. They aren't going to trouble Man City or Chelsea, put it  that way.

Baker was absolutely appalling. He is just too slow and lumbering to survive at this level. Watch him turn and chase on the Cleverley goal - it's embarrassing. Cleverley is not an unusually quick player.

Sylla, who is normally pretty reliable in possession, got carried away today and gave the ball away with unfailing regularity. If you could bet on a player completing less than 5% of passes, then I'd suspect him of spot fixing.

Albrighton was the standout player, although Moyes' habit of playing quite a narrow shape might have helped him. I thought KEA was okay too. Bit unfair to criticise Benteke - he should have done better with that great pass in off the wing by Albrighton on the break, but otherwise didn't get a lot of service.

As a club focusing on finding value in the transfer market, we should really be looking at buying a top class centre half. They are much cheaper than midfielders and forwards of the same calibre, and our squad is sorely lacking some real defensive nous. What a shame about Okore - we could have done with him today.

I felt we kept the ball on the ground a bit more today which was nice to see, not that we did it particuarly well.
Albrighton had a good game and has to keep his place ahead of Weimann - who looked awful once again after he came on. There were a few signs of Lowton and Marc linking up down the right which needs to be encouraged.

Still yet to see anything from Luna to suggest he's any better than Bennett, doesn't offer much going forward and defends very poorly. 

Benteke was useless, there were a few decent passing moves in the second half that broke down once they got to him, his first touch was absolutely dreadful and he doesn't deserve to start whilst playing like this.

Baker was woeful and continues to be a liability, the sooner Vlaar is back in the better.

Danny Welbeck won't score two goals against many teams this season. Typical Villa - if a player or team are in a bad run of form they can always rely on us to kick start their season.

Â