Weekend football 22/24 November

andykeenan

Cardiff remind me of Stoke when they came up, hopeless away from home (they created nothing against us) but bleeding difficult to play down there so I think their home form will keep them up.

Man United have been average but do what they usually do and keep scoring at key times.

I'm usually pessimistic when we play them but I reckon we could beat them at VP in a few weeks finally if we have our full strength team out and they put a line out similar to today.

I'd fancy our forwards running at that back 4 and a midfield 3 getting on top of Cleverley and Fellani. Hernandez isn't half effective as a starter as he is as a sub. Different if the likes of RVP and Carrick are back.

I'm usually pessimistic when we play them but I reckon we could beat them at VP in a few weeks finally if we have our full strength team out and they put a line out similar to today.

They will put out a stronger team against us.  Today's lineup is clearly influenced by the fact they have Leverkusen away in the Champions League on Wednesday.  United don't have a midweek Champions League fixture after they play us. 

independent - 

The Football Association has closed the disciplinary loophole that saw Chelsea's Fernando Torres escape sanction despite being caught on video scratching a rival player.

From 22 November the FA will be able to charge players even if match officials have seen part of the incident. Torres escaped punishment for scratching Tottenham's Jan Vertonghen because the incident had been "partially seen" by an official, prompting the FA chairman Greg Dyke to try to change the regulation.

The new rules will cover violent conduct that occurs secondarily to a challenge for the ball, and off-the-ball incidents where one or more match officials saw the players coming together but their view was such that none could make a decision.

The FA's move to ban Fulham's Sascha Riether for stamping on Manchester United's Adnan Januzaj was not taken under the latest rules, however.

Riether's case was dealt with via a three-man panel of former referees, set up during the summer to look at video evidence and in that incident no officials saw the stamp.

The FA's director of governance, Darren Bailey, said: "It is sometimes difficult for officials to see such incidents, as they are often concentrating solely on the challenge for possession of the ball.

"This is an important step forward and provides an appropriate level of discretion for the FA to consider action."

• Like 1

which is the rule they've just scrapped

they can now claim that the ref didn't see it properly which is why he only gave a yellow 

Mirallas should be upgraded to a red too if that is possible

Â