Weekend football 22/24 November

andykeenan

Deluded Spurs fans and other observers who were talking up their 'potential' for a title challenge are going to be well and truly shut up by this and I hope to not hear from them for the remainder of the season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Spurs need three penalties to get anything out of this.

Spurs need three four penalties to get anything out of this.

Four Five

Cheers :-D

And Villa lost to this Tottenham...twice...

And they have spent a lot lot more than us.

P.S

Villa 3-2 Man City

P.P.S sorry to those who die of a heart attack that I find a positive or two ;)

• Like 3

Yeah it is slightly exasperating to read people worried that we lost to Spurs while forgetting that we beat Man City. What's the opposite of claret & blue specs :-/

City are formidable at home. Any side that looses 3-0 at home to West Ham has got problems. Spurs have spent 100 mil to replace Bale and they are worse.

Agree. They should have spent money on Benteke and brought in Ozil, followed up by keeping Caulker.

And Villa lost to this Tottenham...twice...

And they have spent a lot lot more than us.

P.S

Villa 3-2 Man City

P.P.S sorry to those who die of a heart attack that I find a positive or two ;)

Yeah it is slightly exasperating to read people worried that we lost to Spurs while forgetting that we beat Man City. What's the opposite of claret & blue specs :-/

Stop being so serious, boys ;)

• Like 1

This is great, Cardiff sealing the win would really make it perfect.

I'd rather they didnt go above us but hey ho, the sight of all those gloryhunting words removed getting turned over by Cardiff may be too good to resist....

Anyone else terrified to go to the Etihad?

Not really.  It's a home banker for them so we can play without pressure. We will almost certainly lose but that's what happens when the most expensively assembled squad in the league play against a team built on a shoestring budget.  I dare say they will have several players on the pitch whose individual transfer fee is more than the cost of our entire team. 

• Like 2

For a squad assembled for the best part of a billion pounds in fees and wages, they should be walking the league every year and dominating europe really, which is what the target is I guess....

Not really.  It's a home banker for them so we can play without pressure. We will almost certainly lose but that's what happens when the most expensively assembled squad in the league play against a team built on a shoestring budget.  I dare say they will have several players on the pitch whose individual transfer fee is more than the cost of our entire team. 

Yeah, I recall Aguero cost £38 million, which is more or less twice the amount that Lambert has spent since arriving here.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

not really we could hurt them on counter plus it might help we dont go there until March, goals might dry up by then :P

Â