Weekend football 22/24 November

andykeenan

Rooney and Mirallas were reckless and probably should have had red cards, same with Gary Mendel (who is just a vile person belonging in a mental hospital), but the most atrocious incident this weekend was the sending-off of Wes Brown. 22 professional footballers have trained their whole life to reach this level and their game is once again ruined by an idiot not worthy of making decisions. People slag off top officials like Howard Webb at times, but people like him are what needs to be emulated. They have clear understanding of the game and don't often make decisions based on hunches. Wes Brown is using a lot of force, but it is a perfectly timed tackle on the ball and he is taking the dangerous aspect out of it. If he had struck the leg of Adam and laid weight on his shin it would have been a red card, but he times it and then put weight on the ball. Red card? Never in a million years, the fact that the Stoke-players are not waiving hands tells the story.

I don't think they would sell him mid season.

Probably not, but it would unsettle Suarez again. I'm sure Liverpool's immediate rivals in the table wouldn't mind that happening.

I don't think they would sell him mid season.

Probably not, but it would unsettle Suarez again. I'm sure Liverpool's immediate rivals in the table wouldn't mind that happening.

If Arsenal are points ahead in the table still I can see them coming in for him with an improved bid. Don't Liverpool have to sell at a certain price. Suarez would guarantee them the title i think as long as he didn't get injured.

Edited by PaulC

I still wonder if someone will come in with a big bid for Suarez in January. It will derail Liverpool and of course he isn't cup tied in Europe.

They flatly turned down £40m, who is going to pay enough to get a bite out of the owners?

I still wonder if someone will come in with a big bid for Suarez in January. It will derail Liverpool and of course he isn't cup tied in Europe.

They flatly turned down £40m, who is going to pay enough to get a bite out of the owners?

His asking price is £55m but JWH/FSG have unequivocally stated he isn't for sale, even to Madrid, until next Summer and Luis says he's fine with this.

He was majorly unsettled during the Summer and lashed out but look at his form so far despite this. Even if offers are incoming from Spain in Jan I doubt it will affect his performance based on what he's been like and the type of person he is.

Arsenal know we will never sell to them under any circumstances for any amount so I doubt they'll be back in Jan as they'll just look silly again like with that £40m+1 offer.

Suarez has no set release clause that forces a sale either unless he signs a new contract before seasons end.

Hope this helps.

His asking price is £55m but JWH/FSG have unequivocally stated he isn't for sale, even to Madrid, until next Summer and Luis says he's fine with this.

He was majorly unsettled during the Summer and lashed out but look at his form so far despite this. Even if offers are incoming from Spain in Jan I doubt it will affect his performance based on what he's been like and the type of person he is.

Arsenal know we will never sell to them under any circumstances for any amount so I doubt they'll be back in Jan as they'll just look silly again like with that £40m+1 offer.

Suarez has no set release clause that forces a sale either unless he signs a new contract before seasons end.

Hope this helps.

A word removed?

• Like 3

Â