Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

FFS if we end up signing anyone from League Two I'm going to be **** livid. Defour is a deep lying playmaker whilst WH is a right out number 10, so PL could sign them both and field a team like this: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Okore (when fit) Clark, Defour, Delph, Gabby, WH, Albrighton and Benteke, 4-2-3-1.

I would rather have Lowton & Luna at full-back, than Bacuna & Clark.

We preferably need two new fullbacks, Lowton is slow as shit so anyone with any kind of pace will get past him with ease and Luna is worst than Joe Bennett, thought I'd never say that but he is, last decent left-back at VP was Wilfred Bouma.
I completely disagree. Lowton was the messiah last season, so if he gets back to that form, he'd be a damn sight better than Bacuna, who's worst attribute seems to be his defending.

As for Luna, he was decent earlier in the season, and we missed him when he was out. He's had two or three bad games (as have the whole team) and now people are calling for Bennett.

People have short memories, Bennett was absolutely dreadful last season. He's NOT better than Luna.

Agreed. Bennett was far below that standard required!

Even though it points towards there not being any signings, it'd surely make sense for Lambert to have his backroom staff around him to discuss which player they should possibly sign, if an offer or two was accepted?

Im almost certain they will have discussed all this way in advance, and as someone else said its 2014 ffs many modes of communication available. Plus it would be Faulkner etc dealing with negotiations.

You'd think a potential signing would like to speak to the manager in person before committing though

Maybe they already have? Or could do over the phone? Just trying to find something to cling onto... we need an attacking mid!!

• Like 1

I think if we ended up with no one else I'll be less concerned than this time last year when our Jan outlay or lack of it seemed like a massive risk. Then it was a gamble that very nearly saw us relegated were it not for some great form towards the end of the year.

This year I think we are better equipped to survive without any new faces, so long as Vlaar and Tekkers don't get injured again.

It does leave me concerned about Lerners view of the club but that is nothing new.

The Football Family @TFootballFamily 1m

Genk Striker Jelle Vossen linked with a move to Aston Villa. #avfc

Collymore has been going on for the last 20 minutes about an unnamed Belgium striker linked to an unnamed premier league club on a permanent move too.

Stan Collymore @StanCollymore 18m

Unnamed Belgian striker coming to a Premier league club... Oooo, suspense. Just waiting on the name!

Edited by VillaRoy

Even though it points towards there not being any signings, it'd surely make sense for Lambert to have his backroom staff around him to discuss which player they should possibly sign, if an offer or two was accepted?

Im almost certain they will have discussed all this way in advance, and as someone else said its 2014 ffs many modes of communication available. Plus it would be Faulkner etc dealing with negotiations.

You'd think a potential signing would like to speak to the manager in person before committing though

Skype, telephone, Morse code, smoke signal, chat, email, facebook, twitter etc...lol. Anyhow seems F.A will be happening.

The Football Family ‏@TFootballFamily 1m

Collymore has been going on for the last 20 minutes about an unnamed Belgium striker linked to an unnamed premier league club on a permanent move too.

I think it'll be that Batshuayi lad. Got him on a free on FM after selling Benteke and he outscored him!

Edited by StefanAVFC

The Football Family ‏@TFootballFamily 1m

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 18m

Unnamed Belgian striker coming to a Premier league club... Oooo, suspense. Just waiting on the name!

Will be Arsenal IMO. Backup for Giroud.

Â