Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Not exciting, or for the first team, but apparently we're signing a youngster from Torquay

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/article/archie-villa-1327032.aspx

Is it the same guy we signed off of them last season? or a different one?

EDIT: Reading it a bit more properly, it's only a trial.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Delph is still improving. There's more to come. I may yet be proved wrong that he is not a goal-scoring midfielder. (For now I stick with my comparison to Ramires). We won't sell him this transfer window.

Don't rule out possibility we sell him over the summer, especially if he scores more and goes with England squad to Brazil. Might even be sold to a foreign club,

Club just might want to cash in on a player who takes up a disproportionate chunk of wage bill and who is possibly also injury prone.

If we did cash in on him in the summer, I wouldn't be massively upset. He's a very very good player, and definitely the pick of our midfield, but if we got big money for him it'd definitely be worth looking at for the reasons Con mentions above. Though I think it'd need about 12m+ for me to not have issue with the sale

• Like 2

Delph is still improving. There's more to come. I may yet be proved wrong that he is not a goal-scoring midfielder. (For now I stick with my comparison to Ramires). We won't sell him this transfer window.

Don't rule out possibility we sell him over the summer, especially if he scores more and goes with England squad to Brazil. Might even be sold to a foreign club,

Club just might want to cash in on a player who takes up a disproportionate chunk of wage bill and who is possibly also injury prone.

They most certainly will giving he will only have a year left on his contract. Id sell for 12 or over

He went on record to say he'd like to stay here for the rest of his career. Id be disappointed if he was sold, i wouldnt of cared until he started puttin in the performances he has this season. Exciting on the ball, and he'll only get better if he steers clear of injury. He's a big part of what we're trying to build, be madness to cash in imo

maybe he'd take a pay cut.

how much is Vlaar on? 30k?

it would be difficult to offer Delph double what the captain is on.

although Delph has been very very good he is not that much more influential than Vlaar at this stage.

disproportionate? the guy has been our best player this season and performed very well in the final third of last season.  I dare say to get him to sign a new contract would take around 40k a week. We won't get anywhere by cashing in on our best players just because they want the going rate.

It would be a big mistake to let Delph go and would send out completely the wrong message.

disproportionate? the guy has been our best player this season and performed very well in the final third of last season.  I dare say to get him to sign a new contract would take around 40k a week. We won't get anywhere by cashing in on our best players just because they want the going rate.

It would be a big mistake to let Delph go and would send out completely the wrong message.

if we can get him for 40k then absolutely there is no way I'd sell.

the rumour was that he was on 55k. you are saying he will take a pay cut...?

if we can get him for 40k then absolutely there is no way I'd sell.

the rumour was that he was on 55k. you are saying he will take a pay cut...?

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

Edited by markavfc40

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

HH said he's only behind Gabby in the wages, and on far, far more than Benteke

Remember, he got his contract when we were chockablock with wasters on 50k+ a week

• Like 1

it sounds like it to me. 

I believe 55k number was from HairyHands.

someone said they believed the 55k number was from HairyHands. I did not read the post where he said it. it could be a meme.

40k is sounds reasonable. I would keep him. possible future captain.

Â