Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I think the point is that if Hoolahan cost £1.5 mil but helped Villa finish just one spot higher he'd effectively cost £250k, and he easily worth that. (Well, he's probably worth the £1.5m)

I wish it was that simple.  But Hoolahan would most likely be given at least a two and a half year contract at 25k per week which equals about 3.2million over the course of his contract, plus he'd get at least a 500k signing on fee as well as various performance related bonuses and add-ons, plus agent fees in at a similar level and no resale value making the whole deal worth around 6 million with a 1.5 million transfer fee!

1) If we don't get to keep Bertrand in the summer, does anyone think that we'll go for Cresswell of Ipswich, he's having another decent season?

2) Holtby has played about 40 games for Spurs since his £1.5 million move from Germany. Although he looked something special in the Bundesliga, he has failed to live up to expectations in the Premiership. This may be due to a change in culture, or a change in the pace of the game as played here as compared to there.

3) Tom Ince and Wilfried Zaha are not players who occupy positions where we need strengthening, so going for either of them would be rather silly.

4) Buying players in January has both advantages and disadvantages.

The disadvantages are, that in the vast majority of cases you have to overpay for the player.

The advantage is, that the player you buy has the remainder of the season to get accustomed to his new club and team-mates and jf he comes from abroad, he has enough time to get accustomed to the new culture. This all saves time for the next season.

Just as in Summer transfers, buying in January is a case of pot-luck.

I will be gobsmacked if we go another window without bringing in a quality midfielder. Didn't in the summer.. haven't yet so far.. surely theyre not that hard to find. But then again, if we have no money.. I guess it would be :P

I just type AVFC into twitter and someone is going on about no way Delph's going to Geordie Shore, don't know if there have been some rumours or what but that would be a meltdown. But seriously Hoolahan

twitter saying European CB for medical tomorrow.

No idea who, and its probably bollocks. 

Hope its Kouyate who we need much more than an attacking mid. Hope for an exciting day tomorrow but I expect nothing.

Â