Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Fulham are trying to sign Mitroglou for £11m, good striker from what I have seen in the past. Again, teams around us are strengthening, you can class it as panic buying to a degree but I wish the board would just back Lambert with at least one of his preferred targets for this number 10 role (a position he has wanted to fill since the Summer). 

Reminds me of Football Manager when you ask for more funds but the board say they feel you're performing adequately, unaware of the fact that you're actually 6 points off relegation. Our current position may be good but we need to solidify it and put as much room between us and the drop zone in the next 4 or 5 games.

How do you know we haven't been in for Lamberts preferred signings and they can't be bought just yet? Just because paper link clubs to players there's no need to get a downer on how our club is run. Cardiff look like they're getting rid of their record signing because he's crap (Cornelius) would you rather that approach? I know we all want the mythical No 10 but we shouldn't let other team transfer dealing effect how we do ours. We win tonight we are 5pts off 9th with 2 days still to do business. I think we will get an AM (Hoolahan) even if it's not the flamboyant name some want.

I know we have been in for them because Lambert himself has said so, but we haven't followed through because of their prices. I agree a win tonight will put us in a better position (of course), 9 points from the drop zone is definitely a good start to the year as is being 5 points off 9th, but we have to keep that going. To keep it going we will need to improve our home form drastically and to do that I believe we need creativity in the final third, we have a fantastic striker and also Gabby and Weimann who have shown that when in form they can play well too. Lambert obviously feels the same way, hence why he has constantly stated the type of player he wants and that he has been targeting them for a while (which we know is true as we were indeed in for Kiyotake in the Summer).

Edited by samjp26

This O'Kane nonsense should be just that...idle nonsense.

You are going to be dissapointed then.

I agree though, we should be looking at players like Holtby.

What's your...

The-sauce-selection.jpg

a good one ;)

Time will tell if it is super hot chilli or lame lame Mayo.

Dave's Insanity!

• Like 1

According to transfer markt Clasie is a defensive mid is this correct

From limited knowledge of the Dutch League and FM, yes, but more in the Westwood typed mould of defensive mid. A passer who dictates play not a tackler. Admittedly I've not seen him play much, but I think that's the type of player he is. I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of the Dutch League will correct me.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

From limited knowledge of the Dutch League and FM, yes, but more in the Westwood typed mould of defensive mid. A passer who dictates play not a tackler. Admittedly I've not seen him play much, but I think that's the type of player he is. I'm sure someone with a better knowledge of the Dutch League will correct me.

He's pretty good, but fades away when playing against the top Dutch sides when the pressure is on but maybe it's because of his midfield partner who is practically Holman 0.5. Less positive attributes are shooting and free-kicks/corners and is more box-to-box with a decent pass. Not ready for the Premiership is my guess but that is also what I said about Bacuna.  

Edited by SempiternalVillain
  • Like 1

He's pretty good, but fades away when playing against the top Dutch sides when the pressure is on but maybe it's because of his midfield partner who is practically Holman 0.5. Less positive attributes are shooting and free-kicks/corners and is more box-to-box with a decent pass. Not ready for the Premiership is my guess but that is also what I said about Bacuna.

Your not referring to Vilhena as Holman 0.5 are you ?

Lescott has agreed £90k week contract at west ham, with a 3 year contract if they stay up

Sensible spending by West Ham and Big Sam as per usual.

My sarcasm radar is blinking, is it working correctly?

Lescott has agreed £90k week contract at west ham, with a 3 year contract if they stay up

No doubt he could have gone to a bigger club, with a probable wage cut from 90k of course... he's made his choice though!

Â