Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Still sickens me when i watch SSN and see OGS beaming about signing Zaha, Kenwyne Jones and others and here's us scratching about with peanuts for whoever we can get... Which is apparently nobody!  :/   

Couple of handy loans aside of course.

Cardiff and West Am are doing exactly what we did a few years a go and that got us in a pickle.

Cardiff are paying over a million just to have a player on loan, an un-proven premier league player! West Ham’s wages for these players will obviously be reasonable as well.

Glad we’re not spunking shit loads and being more careful, we shouldn’t just buy anyone!

• Like 2

Still sickens me when i watch SSN and see OGS beaming about signing Zaha, Kenwyne Jones and others and here's us scratching about with peanuts for whoever we can get... Which is apparently nobody!  :/   

Seriously??? Zaha hasn't cut it in the Prem so why would he be good enough for us? And as for Kenwyne Jones he's a Heskey without the work rate or the goals and Heskey hardly scored!! The others are players he's managed before with NO prem exp. We don't need squad fillers we need 1st team quality. If we can get the mystical AM i think we will have had a good window but moaning about what others have done and are doing is pointless you may aswell moan we wasn't in for Mata!!

Tom Ross@thegoalzone5m

Paul Lambert says no more transfer business expected unless something special becomes available

Now, Lambert could be being cautious and not publicising his plans.

Or he could be ramping the pressure up on Narwich with Hoolahan.

Or he could be telling the truth and this website is about to go **** nuts!

commence interent meltdown

Seriously??? Zaha hasn't cut it in the Prem so why would he be good enough for us? And as for Kenwyne Jones he's a Heskey without the work rate or the goals and Heskey hardly scored!! The others are players he's managed before with NO prem exp. We don't need squad fillers we need 1st team quality. If we can get the mystical AM i think we will have had a good window but moaning about what others have done and are doing is pointless you may aswell moan we wasn't in for Mata!!

It's nothing to do with the actual players he has bought, i was just using that as an example :rolleyes: It's just the fact that Cardiff and other clubs below us are all beefing up ready for a relegation scrap and it appears we are doing this to a far lesser extent. Yes i find that a concern, If you don't then fine.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

We need to sign someone that will improve the first team. We're nowhere near safety so we can't afford to stand still while others improve.

Signing players doesn't necessarily mean you're improving the team.

It's nothing to do with the actual players he has bought, i was just using that as an example :rolleyes: It's just the fact that Cardiff and other clubs below us are all beefing up ready for a relegation scrap and it appears we are doing this to a far lesser extent. Yes i find that a concern, If you don't then fine.

I see you point, but don't agree with you.

The teams around thus far have, in my opinion, brought in a lot of mediocrity (except for Man U in Mata :P). Our business has been OK, in that we have significantly strengthened LB which was weak, and got some cover upfront. I simply can't think of a player anyone in the bottom half has bought who I am jealous of (no - not Guidetti as we didn't need him,and certainly not Long or Jelavic), and I think Bertrand is probably the best player to move to that bottom half so far.

We all know we need midfielders, but unless the right person is available, we should not give ourselves future problems through a bit of  'panic'.

Although, let's see what this week brings!

In the last 3 January transfer windows we've signed.

Keane, Dawkins, holt and Bertrand all on loan.

And signed Stevens and Sylla.

That's pretty **** awful.

Keane did a job, Holt and Bertrand could do a job and Sylla was decent back end of last season.  Whilst there's nothing there to inspire, that's probably because January is a crap month for transfers on the whole.  See; Darren Bent.

• Like 1

Â