Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Hutton will end up going to Norwich as a 'sweetner' in the Hoolahan deal.

That's no sweetener - its like putting salt instead of sugar in someone's tea.

Unless it's somebody from Norwich reading this. In which case, Hutton is a great player, a huge benefit to your team, plus, when he comes and plays for you, and excels it will really show up lambert and make him look like a real prick in the way he treats clubs and players. Honest.

VT can be such a miserable place. Cheer up and be happy. If it doesnt happen it doesnt happen. There are plenty of more important things to worry about and concern yourselves with.

If what doesn't happen? The ITK speculation is so good I don't even know what the speculation is.

I'm all for rumours about players and positions we might sign but now just posting asking who wants a PM or keep the faith is the level its reached.

VT can be such a miserable place. Cheer up and be happy. If it doesnt happen it doesnt happen. There are plenty of more important things to worry about and concern yourselves with.

If what doesn't happen? The ITK speculation is so good I don't even know what the speculation is.

I'm all for rumours about players and positions we might sign but now just posting asking who wants a PM or keep the faith is the level its reached.

Fair enough.  However, there are reasons why legit info is not posted regarding players and that is because a deal may be scuppered if it gets out in the public domain.  Alternatively Richard may just been told to expect a good end to the window without being told a player or position.  I.e. he has told you what he knows.  There are very few people who are genuinely ITK about exact names and positions. 

MLS have apparently an interesting strategy to increase fan base. Bring home (in) players that will be in the World Cup... Or perhaps on the fringe. Give them a long contract, the player gets lots of playing time now, pre-cup, they get visibility, (probably confidence against lesser competition). The team gets foreign (or domestic) press coverage, a greater foreign following, if the player does well in the cup, the league will have done very good business.

Are we looking at any number 10's in a World Cup fringe? Might be smart business risk. BTW, I don't think our strategy is best understood as buy cheap, I think it's buy smart business. Buy low, sell high, all that business investment stuff. Sometimes I think it looks like buying cheap because it's similar to buying "penny stock". Very little downside risk compared to very large upside potential.

Fair enough.  However, there are reasons why legit info is not posted regarding players and that is because a deal may be scuppered if it gets out in the public domain.  Alternatively Richard may just been told to expect a good end to the window without being told a player or position.  I.e. he has told you what he knows.  There are very few people who are genuinely ITK about exact names and positions. 

Dont buy that at all.

Dont buy that at all.

The reason why Bent was kept so quiet was for that reason.  Villa were worried that if another club got a whiff of the transfer they would come in and gazump us.

There's only 1 100% proven ITK and sadly he no longer posts. Everything else is just for attention IMO. Seems a bit pointless.

Yes because people are desperate for attention on an internet forum. Please. Richard has got a lot of stuff right in the past, I trust him.

I keep reading this.

A lot of stuff right? Name 5 of them.

Welcome to the post HH world.

We gorged in reliable, solid info.

Now we're back to bickering over who knows what, ITK's trying to pass on the titbits they hear and then getting vilified for being inaccurate when those snippets don't come to fruition.

It is remarkably similar to the pre HH world.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

There's only 1 100% proven ITK and sadly he no longer posts. Everything else is just for attention IMO. Seems a bit pointless.

Yes because people are desperate for attention on an internet forum. Please. Richard has got a lot of stuff right in the past, I trust him.

I keep reading this.

He was crack on about Lambert's appointment and a few signings and departures from what I recall. Why does it matter?

I keep reading this.

Well he has told me stuff via PM that has come true.  He also confirmed ITK that I had regarding a rumoured incoming player.  I know my ITK was 100% accurate because it came from the player itself.

I keep reading this.

Well he has told me stuff via PM that has come true.  He also confirmed ITK that I had regarding a rumoured incoming player.  I know my ITK was 100% accurate because it came from the player itself.

Wouldn't say that's an airtight case?

Â