Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Ooh Stig Tøfting the grass cutter

I always remember Tøfting from the world cup 2002, I bet he scared be-jeezus out of the opposition players.
Didn't he get sent to prison after that tournament for smashing a chair over someones head in a bar brawl?

Wouldn't surprise me. His father murdered his own wife when Stig was a kid then killed himself. A 13 year old Stig came home from school to find them. He "used to" knock about with The Hells Angels too.

Hard bastard, no doubt about it.

That happened Blaszczyovski the Dortmund winger too - would probably a fairly profound effect on someone alright.

Wasn't there some joke about Tofting and Thomas Gravesen being like a pair of tits in the Denmark midfield during that World Cup? Vague recollection.....

Taking into account our withdrawn financial position, spending as little as possible, making it impossible for us to compete with teams like WBA, Stoke and Norwich for players.

I would suggest we should be looking at the leagues in Hungary and Austria.

These leagues are full of young, hungry players, who have experience of playing Champions League, European football but, who would love to play in the 'best' league in the world.

Players like Phillipp Hosiner a 24 year old centre forward for Austria Vienna, who has scored 9 and creted 4 from 18 games.

Kevin Kampl a 23 year old attacking midfielder from Salzburg, who has scored 7 and created 10 from 17 games. 

Patrik Hidi a 23 year old defensive midfielder from Honved, who has scored 3 and created 1 in 17 games.

Burgstaller a 24 year old leftwinger of Rapid Vienna, who can play right wing or centre forward as well and is into double figures this season.

Taking into account our withdrawn financial position, spending as little as possible, making it impossible for us to compete with teams like WBA, Stoke and Norwich for players.

I would suggest we should be looking at the leagues in Hungary and Austria.

These leagues are full of young, hungry players, who have experience of playing Champions League, European football but, who would love to play in the 'best' league in the world.

Players like Phillipp Hosiner a 24 year old centre forward for Austria Vienna, who has scored 9 and creted 4 from 18 games.

Kevin Kampl a 23 year old attacking midfielder from Salzburg, who has scored 7 and created 10 from 17 games. 

Patrik Hidi a 23 year old defensive midfielder from Honved, who has scored 3 and created 1 in 17 games.

Burgstaller a 24 year old leftwinger of Rapid Vienna, who can play right wing or centre forward as well and is into double figures this season.

Good shout Red Bull Salzburg have a few good players.

Yeah but is he made out of concrete?

Concrete is probably made out of Stig Tofting to be fair.

tofting.jpg

I wonder if we signed him now whether VT would label him fat...

Maybe,  but using another users id ;-)

• Like 2

Indeed.

FYI I'm of a "similar" build to Tofting minus the big menacing head. Love handles come with the territory, but they certainly don't stop you from being fit as a butchers. I'm currently not, but I have been. Honest...

Grant Holt seemed to get around fine on Saturday, is my point there.

No grant Holt eats his own weight in pie for every meal. I know that because I've read the same amazing joke in almost every thread since he signed.

You only need look at some heavyweight boxers to know that to a degree fat does not equal fitness. Sure, some of them are bordering on obese, but generally no matter what their BMI they're the fittest people on the planet.

Holt clearly doesn't train like a boxer, but he does train like a footballer. His problem isn't general fitness but I'd imagine match fitness (like ring sharpness) is needed.

• Like 1

Yeah but is he made out of concrete?

Concrete is probably made out of Stig Tofting to be fair.

tofting.jpg

I wonder if we signed him now whether VT would label him fat...

Maybe,  but using another users id ;-)

Adebayo Akinfenwa of Gillingham is bigger than this bloke.... guys a monster, seen him play a few times.

Adebayo Akinfenwa of Gillingham is bigger than this bloke.... guys a monster, seen him play a few times.

So is Godzilla, but I doubt he is as good.

Edited by Nigel

Any truth in the rumours linking us to the moroccan midfielder Ispress Youssef? Playing for a Seoul club?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u31FO_4d9TY

????

almost, I did say a Seoul club....

• Like 3

Â