Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I haven't been on here since Saturday night. What have I missed then? Any hint of a new player?

No but our ITK's didn't know about Bertram so maybe???????

People had said a defender was coming in the day before he arrived. 

LOL Ok 1 twitter guy said "signing tomorrow" how many times has this rubbish be said before? occasionally one has to guess right and people were throwing names like Scott Dann around.

Not one ITK mentioned Bertrand (my bad for previous spelling of his name) which was my point, nothing has happened but might.

Even Hoolahan will make this side tick at home. He would play in El Ahmadi's spot and will just have a free role to create chaos.

I think I'd rather wait until the summer to get a proper midfielder rather than buying a 30 year old Hoolahan now TBH.

Agree, there will be better options available in the summer and i dont think were going to get dragged into the relegation fight, no point getting him just to end up at 11th place instead of 13th. Especially when moneys tight. Maybe if it was a loan?

Even Hoolahan will make this side tick at home. He would play in El Ahmadi's spot and will just have a free role to create chaos.

I think I'd rather wait until the summer to get a proper midfielder rather than buying a 30 year old Hoolahan now TBH.

Agree, there will be better options available in the summer and i dont think were going to get dragged into the relegation fight, no point getting him just to end up at 11th place instead of 13th. Especially when moneys tight. Maybe if it was a loan?

Yeah all fine and well but if say we get Kiyotake.. and he gets injured.. who then? at least get Hoolahan now and in the summer get Kiyotake. Squad depth.

• Like 2

I'd rather get an inexpensive and experienced creative player to help solve our immediate problems. He'll bring a lot to side and once we get rid of some higher earners then there is no reason why we can't invest more money in a creative midfielder in the summer.

• Like 2

The next 11 days should be really interesting ,  really looking forward to the end of this window!

Don’t mean to be rude but you really should post this whether its true or not. Unless they are signed sealed and delivered anything can go wrong resulting in nothing interesting happening.

It whips everyone up and when nothing happens results in more abuse towards the manager and club down to no fault of their own.

• Like 3

Yeah all fine and well but if say we get Kiyotake.. and he gets injured.. who then? at least get Hoolahan now and in the summer get Kiyotake. Squad depth.

I'd rather get an inexpensive and experienced creative player to help solve our immediate problems. He'll bring a lot to side and once we get rid of some higher earners then there is no reason why we can't invest more money in a creative midfielder in the summer.

I think we can make it to the summer without hoolahan, yes theres a problem but i wouldnt call it immediate, we are able to make it with the players we got, and then in the summer we could sign 2 am's for squad depth. I dont really rate him and although he could probably do the job i dont want him on something silly like a there years contract when he would only be used for half a season. I wont be happy if he was on the pitch or the bench after the upcoming summer window. Save the money and aim higher. We wont go down this season, with or without him so to me it would be a waste

The next 11 days should be really interesting ,  really looking forward to the end of this window!

Don’t mean to be rude but you really should post this whether its true or not. Unless they are signed sealed and delivered anything can go wrong resulting in nothing interesting happening.

It whips everyone up and when nothing happens results in more abuse towards the manager and club down to no fault of their own.

If he has heard something and it proves to be true, there may be the slight chance that by getting in the public domain it may harm things.

Edited by Nigel

I just hope this slight improvement in form does'nt persuade the Lerner/Faulkner combo to keep their hands in their pockets.

You never know, they might want a bag of wotsits instead of some new players

Edited by tomaspg

I so hope you are right Richard.

I really really like it when Richard is optimistic! Usually a very good sign. 

• Like 1

If he has heard something and it proves to be true, there may be the slight chance that by getting in the public domain it may harm things.

Sorry if it doesn't satisfy your curiosity though!

Or it could be a vague statement with the obligatory maybe/should/possibly/probably/hopefully inserted in as the escape clause, with the hope that when something happens credit can be claimed without actually making a definite claims about anything specific in the first place. Possibly. Maybe.

• Like 1

Sorry if it doesn't satisfy your curiosity though!

Or it could be a vague statement with the obligatory maybe/should/possibly/probably/hopefully inserted in as the escape clause, with the hope that when something happens credit can be claimed without actually making a definite claims about anything specific in the first place. Possibly. Maybe.

Id agree with you a lot of the time, but you learn to know who post vague statements just for a bit of attention.

Â