Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Are you ITK? You talk about opinions as if they're fact.

They must be mate - they surely must know something that we are not privvy to. Seems to be the same line as last season when they were positive Benteke was gonna go and be sold for a pittance because the board have no backbone.

If people seriously think we'll go back to spending half decent amounts on players whilst Randy is in charge they're off their heads. There is no 'plan' that will result in us going back to spending fees and paying wages that are in fitting with a club of our stature.

I've even read some posts saying we'd have to sell Benteke to fund new signings. WAKE UP. If we sell Benteke for 20m, whoever the manager is would be lucky to get half of that and about 40k a week in wages as their budget to not only replace Benteke but to bring in other players too. Randy's lost all interest apart from trying not to lose money (he should've thought of that when buying a football club of course)

So until the ghost sells up, we're stuck treading water at best. I've accepted that. It's just a shame we can't get some watchable football as a even a basic treat in the meantime.

Are you in the (Lerner) family cause you seem to know a lot of facts. This is complete speculation. My speculation is, Lerner will spend money, he does not want us relegated under any circumstances. There is a plan weather he will start spending lots again is guess work. Yes I believe AV is for sale, but only for a figure Lerner set (like Everton).

Sorry went a bit off thread!!

They must be mate - they surely must know something that we are not privvy to. Seems to be the same line as last season when they were positive Benteke was gonna go and be sold for a pittance because the board have no backbone.

I don't remember many posts like that.

Look back mate - You will fin many posts saying stuff like that!

I dunno, it sounds a bit fishy to me.

I dunno, it sounds a bit fishy to me.

LOL - yeah I Cod have spelt it right so I now know my Plaice.

11 days now to get some business done before our next match..Hoolahan has been on the bench for his last 4 games so I can see him doing everything to make the move to Villa happen.  Might need to get a right back in now as well seeing as Lowton is being a bell end.

If people seriously think we'll go back to spending half decent amounts on players whilst Randy is in charge they're off their heads. There is no 'plan' that will result in us going back to spending fees and paying wages that are in fitting with a club of our stature.

I've even read some posts saying we'd have to sell Benteke to fund new signings. WAKE UP. If we sell Benteke for 20m, whoever the manager is would be lucky to get half of that and about 40k a week in wages as their budget to not only replace Benteke but to bring in other players too. Randy's lost all interest apart from trying not to lose money (he should've thought of that when buying a football club of course)

So until the ghost sells up, we're stuck treading water at best. I've accepted that. It's just a shame we can't get some watchable football as a even a basic treat in the meantime.

Are you in the (Lerner) family cause you seem to know a lot of facts. This is complete speculation. My speculation is, Lerner will spend money, he does not want us relegated under any circumstances. There is a plan weather he will start spending lots again is guess work. Yes I believe AV is for sale, but only for a figure Lerner set (like Everton).

Sorry went a bit off thread!!

speculation that 90% of the forum. IMO the arguments \ indications that Randy won't spend are far stronger than those that say he will....

It also means risking relegation for a season or two until ther funds can go to quality vs. quantity.

I find this bit very interesting. If you thought we'd be in a relegation battle last year you were laughed at and mocked. Now its obvious we were risking it for a couple of years.

Don't remember many posts last year saying another relegation battle was expected this year.

It just seems no matter what happens a certain group will just change their expectations in order to support the manager.

Is it not more a case of fans generally wanting to be positive about their club, despite the facts bought before them and then adjusting their expectations as the enourmaty of the situation unfolds?

Besides, we're not in a relegation battle that I can see. We're 10th.

• Like 1

Just out of interest would anyone take Josh McEarchran off Chelski?

Pretty decent on the ball but we've got enough stick insects in the midfield, we don't need another one.

We need men. Grrrrrrr.

Grant-Holt-Norwich-225x162.png

He looks like Barnie from The Simpsons.

Â