Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Any chance we can sign an attacking midfielder?

Lambert said yesterday that he'd looked at some but couldn't do a deal for any so has moved on to other areas.

Another couple of strikers it is then.

Mat Kendrick's impression of what Lambert said was:

" Lambert is uncomfortable discussing the Hoolahan situation and insists Villa have alternative creative midfield targets in mind, as well as potential signings in other positions."

So I get the idea he has several targets but has moved on from some due to the cost rather than moved on from that position completely.

Have anyone heard about Ryan Bertrand? I saw that he was 1/3 on skybet to sign for us. That doesn't necessarilly mean anything, I know, but...

Edit: Heard anything about him signing for us, I mean.

Edited by Pelle

Would be happy with Mancienne or Dann. Really could do with an attacking midfielder as well though. Depay !!!

Have anyone heard about Ryan Bertrand? I saw that he was 1/3 on skybet to sign for us. That doesn't necessarilly mean anything, I know, but...

We don't desperately need another LB unless Bennett is off somewhere.

Would be happy with Mancienne or Dann. Really could do with an attacking midfielder as well though. Depay !!!

We don't desperately need another LB unless Bennett is off somewhere.

Don't you think that 90% of the time our LB's are desperatley crap though? Betrand is clearly of better quality and came also play left midfield, has for Chelsea on many occasions.

My guess is Mancienne. I'm sure one of HH's last posts mentioned that we're after a player that has Prem experience and can play across the back four or DM.

Mancienne fits the bill, and I'd be fairly happy if we signed him. He's still young and he was a decent prospect at Chelsea.

If it's Dann as expected....

Great - we need a central defender and have always felt this should be the number one target area. A little disappointed it's a Championship standard player, but when you can only afford Championship standard wages, and Championship standard fees then that's all we're going to get. Unless we get a surprise.

Â