Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

If it's Dann as expected....

Great - we need a central defender and have always felt this should be the number one target area. A little disappointed it's a Championship standard player, but when you can only afford Championship standard wages, and Championship standard fees then that's all we're going to get. Unless we get a surprise.

I looked and I couldn’t see Dann connected to us since McLeish left?

It would take an almighty turnaround in fortunes for Mancienne to be of any use to us at all.  Currently being kept out of HSV's line-up by the likes of Johan Djourou.

Did

n't he get converted to a midfielder or was it the other way round?

Scott Dann would be a decent signing IMO, better than Clark and Baker so should be able to form a strong partnership if Ron if so. Wouldn't be a loan though, Blackburn aren't just going to loan out their captain when they believe the play-offs is still a realistic aim. 

Other options are Ryan Bertrand from Chelsea, would guess another loan, would be better than we currently have at left-back. 

Still desperately needs to sign a number 10, please  :rolleyes:

Edited by Avflife

Great - we need a central defender and have always felt this should be the number one target area. A little disappointed it's a Championship standard player, but when you can only afford Championship standard wages, and Championship standard fees then that's all we're going to get. Unless we get a surprise.

Sorry when I last looked on here tonight it seemed like it was going to be Dann, from what Hodgson has said. Is that not right now then? Are we expected another striker after all? :D

I've heard a rumour about Diego on Villa Swedens FB forum, but not anywhere else. Anyone here who's heard that rumour? I find it a bit bizarre, but you never know, I suppose.

I'm afraid you do know, unfortunately.

Not the sort of player we'll be signing anytime soon.

Didn't he get converted to a midfielder or was it the other way round?

I haven't seen him used as a midfielder by Hamburg, only in central defence with the occasional shift out wide to cover right back.  That's on the rare occasion he actually gets a game these days, I believe he even got bumped down to HSV's second team in the Regionalliga this season at some point.

Sorry when I last looked on here tonight it seemed like it was going to be Dann, from what Hodgson has said. Is that not right now then? Are we expected another striker after all? :D

I thought we never trusted anything written on here unless a genuine ITK said so  :)  Where is MYSTERYMAN????

Â