Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I have just received a new PM from you know who. Things are about to get very weird  :detect: .....let me just say another chair will be needed at the Holt press conference.  :)

Good weird or bad weird?

Still not having it.

We keep hearing about all these players that don't cost much so if they fail it doesn't matter. Its starting to add up.

Hard to continue arguing about financial constraints when he's signed 2 lbs, neither good enough and now he's signing his 5th CF and only 1 of them is currently good enough to play week in week out in the prem.

• Like 2

Great new song seen on another forum :

Grant Holt wherever you may be,

Greggs, Maccy D's or the KFC,

If you keep us up with assists or goals,

We'll pay your wages in sausage rolls.

Fantastic!

We need an experienced centre back and a decent midfielder more than another striker. I'd much rather we loaned another defender than a striker. 

Who did you have in mind for £10k a week?

How do you know we only have 10k a week? We've just got rid of Ireland.

The cost of loaning Holt

Are we ignoring that Holt is supposed to be on about £25k/w at Wigan?

More like £10-£15k

Holt must have the worst agent ever as he was on about £30k/w with his newly signed contract at Norwich and is now on £10k/w at Wigan less than a year later.

Wigan even thou they were relegated got lots of  money from the sales of Kone & McCarthy, about £20m for the pair, and Holt was touted as a marqee signing

• Like 1

Great new song seen on another forum :

Grant Holt wherever you may be,

Greggs, Maccy D's or the KFC,

If you keep us up with assists or goals,

We'll pay your wages in sausage rolls.

Brilliant but sadly way too complex for the back of the Holte

Holt did not drop down a division to take a decrease in pay.

FACT.

No, no wait.... it's not :(

You could use common sense but that might mean you can't praise everything the club does all the time.

I don't praise everything the club does... however, I don't knock everything that happens just for the sake of it.

I take it players in League Two earn more than Premier League players though, right?  Because of the lower quality of the league and everything.

• Like 1

Can we just get this sorted, we are not 50/60k a week better off now Ireland has gone, he has had the last 5 months of his deal paid up, the only saving is the extra months wages he was going to be given as a loyalty payment if his contract run out.

Edited by Jimzk5

I have just received a new PM from you know who. Things are about to get very weird  :detect: .....let me just say another chair will be needed at the Holt press conference.  :)

Good weird or bad weird?

Randy Lerner topless showing off his new Grant Holt tattoo weird

• Like 2

Â