Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I do find it a bit odd that as soon as Kozak gets injured for the season we sign another striker, even though we already have 5 at the club. Yet when Okore gets injured for the season we don't look to bring in another CB, especially as Clark and Baker proved their inability to play together last season.

How do you know we haven't?

Okore got injured after the summer window shut, so this is our first opportunity to sign anyone in that position.

My mistake. I thought Okore was injured before the window shut.

My question is would people be happy if Hoolahan is that attacking player? Hoolahan and Holt are the two players we bring in.

Would you be happy with that?

Absolutely thrilled ,  obviously we'll win the league this season.

Come on,  what are we looking to achieve as a club this year?  Are we looking to win the league,  finish top four,  finish top 6,  finish top half comfortably away from relegation battle,  finish lower half in the relegation mix,  finish lower half just lucky to survive,  relegation?

Which one of those are we realistically in the battle for?  Will these signings help us in those objectives for this season and help bring experience to the other players we have?

• Like 1

Having those two signings will help to an extent (in experience not necessarily quality in my opinion) but if this was McLeish signing these players and serving up the performances we have had past few games the reaction on here would be completely different from some people.

Having those two signings will help to an extent (in experience not necessarily quality in my opinion) but if this was McLeish signing these players and serving up the performances we have had past few games the reaction on here would be completely different from some people.

I was asking for Hoolahan since before Lambert was here.

I think anyway. Certainly a while ago anyway. It's not a reaction to Lambert wanting him now.

• Like 1

McLeish could sign Messi & Ronaldo & he would still get it in the neck from the majority of Villa fans IMO.

I've never actually watched Hoolahan that closely but from the descriptions of him he seems like the type of player we lack.

Given how positive some of the so called ITK users have been recently I'm sure we'll see other signings besides Holt and Hoolahan.

McLeish could sign Messi & Ronaldo & he would still get it in the neck from the majority of Villa fans IMO.

Because he'd leave them on the bench in favour of HUtton and Heskey.

• Like 1

For the record I rate Hoolahan, and I'm fine with signing Holt for some experience and as a stop gap. He was Norwich captain and we need some leaders in and around the team, which is clearly the motivation for this. I have also been avoiding commenting on villatalk because it's the same kneejerk reactions every time.

Like it or not we're in a better position than last year, and that's been without Benteke scoring. We might not be great to watch, but the club is getting stronger and on a budget where we're not losing potential investment money on cetain overpaid players. This is still a work in progress and in that light I can happily cope with ex_norwich captain and experienced player Grant Holt for half a season. Regardless, the window still has a long way to go.

• Like 3

Richard has massively trolled you all. MELTDOWN!!!

ohh ye of little faith
Come on Richard, instil some optimism into us all.

what's the point? i and others have tried and yet it still needs doing on a daily basis it seems.

It's a bit like being insecure in a relationship and wanting constant reassurance that your boyfriend / girlfriend isnt going to dump you. Sometimes things become a self fulfilling prophecy.

If people cannot see the short term nature of this potential loan signing and the reasons for it then I cant help

Yea because we have gotten great assurances from the club the last 3 years. Edited by limvillian

Because he'd leave them on the bench in favour of HUtton and Heskey.

nah mcleish would know the worth of ronaldo, stick him on the front post when defending corners, he's got a great jump on him

Aston Villa Prepare Surprise Move for Lazio Veteran Miroslav Klose

by The Newshound

January 14th, 2014

Comments

Miroslav-Klose-Lazio.jpg

Villa Park side target German international forward.

Aston Villa’s problems finding the back of the net on a regular basis will see Paul Lambert target Lazio veteran Miroslav Klose according to Sports Direct News.

The Villa Park side previously raided the Stadio Olimpico side to sign Libor Kozak in the summer, with the 24 year old scoring four Premier League goals this season before suffering a broken leg, now Lambert will look to lure 35 year old German international Klose to the Premier League.

Lazio have already informed Klose he will not be offered a new deal when his current contract comes to an end in the summer and the forward is allowed to discuss pre-contract terms with interested parties and could perhaps be sold for a nominal fee this month.

The hugely experienced forward may well be interested in a final chapter in his glittering career taking place in the English top tier and a move to Aston Villa would presumably secure the former Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich man the regular first team football he needs ahead of the 2014 World Cup finals.

Aston Villa currently sit in 11th spot in the Premier League having scored just 20 goals in 21 Premier League fixtures and just five points from the relegation zone.

Klose has proven a consistent striking force since moving to Italy, scoring 33 goals in 69 Serie A appearances.

Strikers!!!http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/01/14/aston-villa-prepare-surprise-move-for-lazio-veteran-miroslav-klose/?   :D

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Aston Villa Prepare Surprise Move for Lazio Veteran Miroslav Klose

by The Newshound

January 14th, 2014

Comments

Miroslav-Klose-Lazio.jpg

Villa Park side target German international forward.

Aston Villa’s problems finding the back of the net on a regular basis will see Paul Lambert target Lazio veteran Miroslav Klose according to Sports Direct News.

The Villa Park side previously raided the Stadio Olimpico side to sign Libor Kozak in the summer, with the 24 year old scoring four Premier League goals this season before suffering a broken leg, now Lambert will look to lure 35 year old German international Klose to the Premier League.

Lazio have already informed Klose he will not be offered a new deal when his current contract comes to an end in the summer and the forward is allowed to discuss pre-contract terms with interested parties and could perhaps be sold for a nominal fee this month.

The hugely experienced forward may well be interested in a final chapter in his glittering career taking place in the English top tier and a move to Aston Villa would presumably secure the former Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich man the regular first team football he needs ahead of the 2014 World Cup finals.

Aston Villa currently sit in 11th spot in the Premier League having scored just 20 goals in 21 Premier League fixtures and just five points from the relegation zone.

Klose has proven a consistent striking force since moving to Italy, scoring 33 goals in 69 Serie A appearances.

Strikers!!!http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/01/14/aston-villa-prepare-surprise-move-for-lazio-veteran-miroslav-klose/?   :D

Someone better run and tell Holt this then.  Might not be needed after all :)

Would he risk a move this klose to the World Cup? I doubt it.

Thought he'd be on massive wages at Lazio (like he was at Bayern) but the only figure i can find is something like £30-35k/w + bonuses.

Really wanted us to sign him when he left Bayern, won't get my hopes up

Â