Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

i geniunly think that we have only £1million to spend this january i think it would kill randy to part with anymore of his precious money the tight fisted word removed

I geniunly think that we have a full 1million to spend this january.    There.  We balance each other out.  And your assertion has no more solid basis than mine.... although I'll admit yours is probably mathematically closer to what we will spend. 

exactly it was merely my opinion and educated guess that we would have that much money to spend i hope im proved wrong and that we do spend well

It's not really about having millions to spend I don't think, i'm pretty sure we could dish out 10 million+ for a player but we won't because we look at the whole financial package - the wages over a 3/4 year period, various other fees and whether or not that player has any potential sell on fee. Say we currently have a wage cap of around 30k a week, you're not going to get a 10 million+ player demand wages that low, so we just can't shop in that area. I think Lerner would be willing to pay high transfer fees but obviously, high transfer fees and low wages don't go together. 

I am waiting for Eric Djemba-Djemba's triumphant return to Villa Park. The second coming.

And third.

I'm assuming your referring to djemba djemba playing for odense bk in an intertoto game?

And dale Stevens available for £1million, wonder if we'll go back in for him

I am waiting for Eric Djemba-Djemba's triumphant return to Villa Park. The second coming.

And third.

I'm assuming your referring to djemba djemba playing for odense bk in an intertoto game?

And dale Stevens available for £1million, wonder if we'll go back in for him

This experience that Lambert was quoted as wanting.  Surely he wouldn't dare bring more lower league players to the club?

Lambert didn't exactly sound confident about being able to bring in quality in the press conference on the official site. Mentioning certain things he's looked into not being financially possible.

Gloom!

And third.

No, I'm referring to the Djemba twins. 

The thing that really worries me the most is that RL has had his fingers burnt to the point that we will NEVER see spending like we did 2006-2010.

I can understand that we can't maintain that level, but we seem to have gone too far to the other extreme.

I don't resent Lerner for not just paying millions on top of millions, I just wish that they could communicate with us a bit better about where things stand. It just seems "we can't afford that" "oh, we can't pay that", and we just have to accept it.

A very disappointed Villa fan right here!

Ditto

We've all been sucked into this 3 year rebuild bollocks.

I believe there is a plan and it goes something like this, Randy's milking the club for every last penny it owns him and maybe take some profit, then sells the club with a bunch of try hards who are lucky to be hanging in the premier league year in year out....

This club will be nothing but a big time joke until Randy and his merry men bugger off

Jordan Rhodes is not worth it. Will be way overpriced.

Hardly overpriced considering he has consistently scored goals for the last 4 years and he is only 23.

I don't think he's worth £10m. I love him, but he's very much a poacher without a great all around game.

We've all been sucked into this 3 year rebuild bollocks.

I believe there is a plan and it goes something like this, Randy's milking the club for every last penny it owns him and maybe take some profit, then sells the club with a bunch of try hards who are lucky to be hanging in the premier league year in year out....

This club will be nothing but a big time joke until Randy and his merry men bugger off

Randy Lerner is a buiness man first and foremost he has no intrest in football other than he gets a fair return for his investment and for that reason alone he should be respected (or would you rather have Tan as the new owner), he has done wonders for the club and has spent a lot off money (mainly paying for what MON did when he was in charge). The only way forward is to carry on as we are for a few seasons, aim for mid table because sooner or later the top clubs will be penalised for over spending.

If you shop at poundland you pick up a bargain every now and again! if you shop at harrods you pay over inflated prices for the pleasure of saying "I brought this at harrods" but it's still overpriced and does the same job as what you brought from poundland.

Â